MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 23.06 changelog:
- USAC conformance checker: update DRC presence check
- USAC conformance checker: sbgp presence check
- USAC conformance checker: difference between extra zero bytes and other extra bytes
- ISO 9660: support of DVD video, with option for listing all contents
- MPEG-7: support of collections (beta)
- More Blackmagic RAW meta kinds
- DTS-HD: DTSHDHDR header support (used for raw DTS-HD files)
- ADIF: fix wrong detection of lot of files as ADIF (Android and MediaInfoOnline)
- USAC conformance checker: fix arith context handling in some corner cases
- ADM: some tweaks about FFoA/Start/End time codes
- Remove curl default ca info message in stdout
Download: MediaInfo 23.07 | 6.6 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable MediaInfo 23.07 (64-bit) | 5.3 MB
Download: Portable MediaInfo 23.07 (32-bit) | 3.8 MB
View: MediaInfo Homepage | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware