Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkeys Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Toms Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Changes in Mp3tag 2.83:
- NEW: added MP4 column to tag-field mappings overview table in documentation.
- CHG: removed Amazon tag sources after Amazon.com invalidated Mp3tag's web services account.
- CHG: Discogs tag source name is now correctly capitalized.
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Polish and Turkish language files.
- NEW: added Discogs Release ID tag source to directly search by Discogs Release ID.
- NEW: added support for ISRC field in cue sheets.
- CHG: main performer from cue sheet is now mapped to ALBUMARTIST (instead of ALBUM ARTIST).
- FIX: special characters in main performer from cue sheet were not correctly converted when writing.
- FIX: cue sheets that started with a different track number than 1 were not read.
- FIX: checkboxes at dialog for cover export were not labeled correctly (since 2.82b).
- FIX: tags saved to wrong file when auto-save was enabled and column-click in file list changed the file order.
- FIX: Discogs Web Source had problems with certain artists which resulted in obsolete comma after artist name.
- FIX: sort arrow was incorrectly shown for next column after adding or removing a column left from the sort column.
- NEW: added option to restrict action-based cover export to certain cover type.
- FIX: added detection of non-iTunes custom tags which are now kept unmodified during rewrites.
- FIX: encoding of cover art for Opus did not always include Base64 padding (which was problematic for some players).
- NEW: added support for stripping Nero-style chapter information from MP4 files via context-menu in the file list.
- NEW: added support for detecting Nero-style MP4 tags and reporting via %_tag% if present.
- FIX: runtime error at Export if loop limit exceeded actual export result set size.
- LNG: added Indonesian language file.
- FIX: possible index overflow at $substr() scripting function.
Download: Mp3tag 2.83 | 3.1 MB (Freeware)
Link: Mp3tag Homepage
0 Comments - Add comment