Media Player Classic - BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic - BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes. The BE mod (Black Edition Mod) is a skinned version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, much better looking than the plain old MPC.
MPC-BE 1.6.7 changelog:
Windows Vista is no longer supported.
- Added identify of Atmos in EAC3 and TrueHD, as well as DTS:X and DTS:X IMAX in audio tracks.
- Avoid accidental connection to .wtv files (Windows Television).
- Fixed a rare crash when working with DASH streams.
- File navigation has been optimized.
- Fixed audio track detection for some HLS streams.
- Fixed playback for VC-1.
- Added "For audio with whisper and explosion parts" preset for FFmpeg filters.
- Added the ability to connect to the "Resampler DMO" system filter.
- Fixed a crash when outputting to 24bit and changing the playback speed.
- Removed support for PowerStrip and "Sync display to video" mode for Sync Renderer.
- EVR-CP and Sync Renderer now show the exact value of the display refresh rate.
- The "10-bit RGB output" option now only works for the corresponding display mode.
- Fixed style change for simple text subtitles (SubRip, etc.).
- Added the ability to turn off subtitles through "Default track preference".
- Added loading of subtitles from subfolder ".\Subs\FILENAME_WITHOUT_EXT".
- Added the ability to choose in advance only sound in the built-in parser.
- Added support for links "youtube.com/@".
- Fixed support for new versions of yt-dlp.
- Added choice of the preferred language of the audio track.
- Fixed getting metadata.
- Added display of a single audio track in the OSD when trying to switch to the next or previous one.
- Added display of audio track number in OSD.
- The history window no longer blocks interaction with the main player window.
- Fixed launching bookmarks from the menu.
- Improved opening of URLs requiring authorization.
- Fixed saving path to external subtitle file in history.
- Added "Skip invalid elements" option to the playlist.
- Speed up opening and navigation for URLs with redirect.
- Various interface fixes.
- Added the ability to install "MPC Video Renderer 0.6.7".
- Updated German translation (by Klaus1189).
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation (by wushantao).
- Updated Korean translation (by Hackjjang and Potmarigold).
- Updated Hungarian translation (by mickey).
- Updated Turkish translation (by cmhrky).
- Updated Ukrainian translation (by arestarh).
- Updated Italian translation (by mapi68).
- Updated Spanish translation (by IPeluchito).
- Updated Dutch and Chinese (Traditional) translation (by beter).
- Updated Japanese translation (by tsubasanouta).
- dav1d git-1.1.0-33-g922bd82;
- ffmpeg git-n5.2-dev-2610-ga6e9d01f88;
- Little-CMS git-lcms2.15-44-g2dec684;
- MediaInfo git-v22.12-120-gaad98a4e1;
- zlib 1.2.13;
- rapidjson git-v1.1.0-727-g949c771b.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware