Norton AntiVirus defends your computer against viruses, spyware, worms, bots, and other malicious software while minimizing the performance impact onto your computer. This enhanced protection system features multi-layered protection technologies that work simultaneously to proactively block cyber-attacks and detect and remove malicious threats before they can harm your PC. Norton AntiVirus offers a quick install time, fast boot time and has low memory needs which reduce the burden onto a system.
Built on a legacy of world-class security products, including Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360, the new Norton Security includes an array of ‘defense-in-depth’ technologies that have protected users for years. These include Network-based defense technologies such as Firewall and Intrusion Protection System (IPS), File-based defense technologies (traditional core anti-virus capabilities), Reputation-based defense technologies (Insight) and Behavioral-based technologies (SONAR).
What's new in Norton AntiVirus and Norton Security 184.108.40.206:
- Norton 22.7 is fully compatible with the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Redstone) (link is external).
- The IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) included in Norton Security now detects attacks using https connections, and stops those attacks before they take up residence on the device.
- Static Data Scanner (SDS): These user-mode modules enable an enhanced security model, improved protection efficacy and better resource management.
- Embedded the ability to 'add a device' during installation.
- The name “with Backup” has been removed from the UI in the “Norton Security with Backup“ clients. (Norton Security with Backup = Norton Security Premium)
- Significant performance improvements in Startup time, shutdown time on 'FastStartup' enabled PCs.
- Notifications are now more consistent with regards to how the user can close, minimize etc.,.
- Better rendering of the User Interface on high resolution displays and some of the graphics on the Main User interface.
- Effective this release, Customers will be prompted with a Safe Search Nag Alert (Similar to Google Chrome) instead of a Popup (In Win 7, 8,8.1, Win 10 and RedStone). The IE extensions portal page will be opened after accepting the nag alert and the following Norton extensions can be downloaded from it: Norton Toolbar, Norton Safe Search, Norton Home Page, Norton Identity Safe
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Action Center incorrectly reports the Norton Security status Forum Post1, Post2
- Fixed an issue where the performance feature health state goes into a red state after patching.
- Fixed an issue where the Norton Toolbar disappears from Internet Explorer on certain websites.
- Usability improvements to the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
- and other minor/backend fixes
Note: Norton 22.7 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 & Redstone.