Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.4.2:
- Fix localization regressions.
- Make "Begin/End Select" Command recordable in macro.
- Enhance the delimiter selection(Ctrl + double click) feature.
- Fix Find/Replace dialog status bar overwriting memory problem.
- Fix Run dialog doesn't work with spaces in path.
- Fix "Find all in current document" asking for creating a new file bug (regression).