Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.3.2 changelog:
- Fix crash issue on column mode editor.
- Fix "Use new style save dialog" setting's regression.
- Enhance "Open file" command - open a file from editor zone without selecting its full path.
- Fix word char list settings not applying on next launch issue.
- Fix block uncomment for line comment bug.
- BaanC Language is surpported.
- Add error notification on run dialog.
- Fix the caret position not maintained issue between document move.
- Fix caret goes to wrong position after word completion.
- Enhance Function List for supporting language.
- Add check mark in Language menu.
- Fix toolbar not showing issue while launching Notepad++ from system tray in some unknown configuration.