NTLite is a Windows configuration tool that allows you to modify your existing Windows install or an image yet to be deployed, remove Windows components, configure and integrate, speed up the Windows deployment process. Reduce Windows footprint on your RAM and storage drive memory. Remove components of your choice, guarded by compatibility safety mechanisms, which speed up finding that sweet spot. Windows Unattended feature support, providing many commonly used options on a single page for easy setup.
Easily integrate a single or multiple drivers, update or language packages. Package integration features smart sorting, enabling you to seamlessly add packages for integration and the tool will apply them in the appropriate order, keeping hotfix compatibility in check.
One of the important new features of NTLite (compared to its predecessors) is the ability to modify an already installed the operating system, by removing unnecessary components.
Supports Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7, x86 and x64, live and image. Server editions of the same versions, excluding support for component removals and feature configuration. ARM64 image support in the alpha stage. Does not support Checked/Debug, Embedded, IoT editions, nor Vista or XP.
NTLite 2023.6.9292 changelog:
- Components: ‘APX speaker and microphone driver’
- Components: ‘Audio Spatializer DSP’
- Components: ‘Background Media Player’ 32 and 64 bit
- Components: ‘Declared Configuration (DC) service’ (split and expanded from Device Management)
- Components: ‘Desired State Configuration (DSC)’ (split and expanded from PowerShell)
- Components: ‘Scripto’
- Components: ‘Sustainability Service’
- Components: ‘Universal Print Management Service’
- Updates: Support for the new MSU update package format of Windows 11 Dev, e.g. KB5027849
Components: ‘Mobile Networking API’ 32-bit split from WLAN removal, needed for some 32-bit applications
Components: Compatibility option USB – Camera
Components: ‘QuietHours’ removal enabled on Win11 22h2, but needed for Settings – System – Notifications page
Components: Windows 11 22H2+ specific removal upgrades:
- Bluetooth, Diagnostics, Enhanced Storage, HyperV, HyperV Guest, Lang IME Korean, Mixed Reality, Network and Sharing Center,
- Provisioning, Remote Desktop Server, System Restore, Telemetry, Windows Image Acquisition, Windows Update
- Extensible Authentication Protocol
- Updates: Update cache extraction performance improvements
- Updates: Windows 11 build 22631 host allowing 22621-based updates, was reporting as older
- Components: Windows Settings – ‘Security center’ was dependent on VBS
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware