O&O ShutUp10 a small portable utility that provides access to almost 50 privacy-related tweaks, most of them hidden or not easily accessible to the average computer users. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated. Using ShutUp10 you can easily disable Windows Defender, turn off telemetry, disable peer-to-peer updates, turn off Wi-Fi Sense, disable automatic Windows updates, turn off and reset Cortana and more.
ShutUp10 allows you to create a System Restore point before you apply any changes, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!
Changes in version 1.3.1359.1:
- Compatibility with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607 Redstone 1)
- Wi-Fi-Sense is no longer offered, so deactivating this function is now obsolete
- Various group policies were changed according to their validity, which so far has had no impact on O&O ShutUp10
- Cortana can no longer be deactivated over Windows settings: O&O ShutUp10 can still do this ;-)
- Deactivation of OneDrive is no longer recommended with limitations, rather it is no longer recommended
- Some customers use OneDrive for data images so that a deactivation means they no longer have access to important functions
- To avoid deactivating in error, we have updated the recommendation level to “not recommended”
- Tooltips explain the meaning of the icons for recommendation levels
- The Info page now also displays the Windows 10 Version (Threshold 1, Threshold 2 and Redstone 1) to improve communication with our Support Team
- Various bug fixes