O&O ShutUp10 a small portable utility that provides access to almost 50 privacy-related tweaks, most of them hidden or not easily accessible to the average computer users. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated. Using ShutUp10 you can easily disable Windows Defender, turn off telemetry, disable peer-to-peer updates, turn off Wi-Fi Sense, disable automatic Windows updates, turn off and reset Cortana and more.
ShutUp10 allows you to create a System Restore point before you apply any changes, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!
Changes in version 1.4.1386:
- Disable Microsoft from conducting experiments on the system
- Disable Tips, Tricks und Suggestions while using Windows
- Disable occasional app suggestions in the Start menu
When closing, message about Restart after Windows updates
- Restoration point will only be created when changes need to be executed
- Closing via the file menu now also displays a dialog about restarting the system
Available in German, English, French, Italian, and Russian
- Language will be automatically selected based on settings in Windows