Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 27.9.4 changelog:
- Updated the useragent for addons.mozilla.org to work around their "Only with Firefox" discrimination preventing users from downloading themes, old versions of extensions, and other files with Pale Moon.
- Restricted web access to the moz-icon:// scheme that could potentially be abused to infringe the user's privacy.
- Prevented various location-based threats. DiD
- Fixed a potential vulnerability with plugins being redirected to different origins (CVE-2018-12364).
- Improved the security check for launching executable files (by association) on Windows from the browser. For users who have (most likely accidentally) granted a system-wide waiver for opening these kinds of files without being prompted, this permission has been reset.
- Fixed an issue with invalid qcms transforms (CVE-2018-12366).
- Fixed a buffer overflow using the computed size of canvas elements (CVE-2018-12359).
- Fixed a use-after-free when using focus() (CVE-2018-12360).
- Added some sanity checks on nsMozIconURI. DiD
- Fixed an issue in the case the preferences file in the profile would not be writable (e.g. temporary permission issues due to backup, virus scanning or similar external processes).
Download: Pale Moon (32-bit) | Portable 32-bit | ~30.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Pale Moon (64-bit) | Portable 64-bit
Links: Pale Moon Homepage | Add-ons | Themes | Extensions
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
1 Comment - Add comment