PDFCreator is an application for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) format on Microsoft Windows operating systems. It works by creating a virtual printer that prints to PDF files, and thereby allows practically any application to create PDF files by choosing to print from within the application and then printing to the PDFCreator printer. PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
What's new in PDFCreator v2.0:
- The initial folder of the save dialog can now be predefined instead of always using the last folder
- You can now choose if you want to add background pages to cover or attachments as well
- When creating E-mails in Microsoft Outlook, the COM interface is used instead of the generic MAPI, which allows to preserve signatures
- PDFCreator checks the profiles for problems. This could have taken very long, if a lot of network drives were involved
- PDFCreator now also loads environment variables from the volatile environment
- The User Guide now contains more information and cross-references
- PDFCreator now only required .Net 4 Client Profile
- The setup now supports a proxy server for internet access
- The script action can now configure if PDFCreator should wait for the script to terminate
- Signed PDFs can now be configured to allow multiple signatures
- The setup now checks if PDFCreator still is running when updating or removing the application.
- The output files did not always have the expected permissions, as they were moved from a temp folder. Now the files are copied and thus get the parent folder permissions.
- The COM interface was not properly registered for 32 bit applications
- PDF/X files were created with an invalid color model
Note: PDFCreator includes 3rd party (optional) software.
Download: PDFCreator 2.0 | 26.0 MB (Open Source)
View: PDFCreator Website
-1 Comments - Add comment