PingPlotter is a powerful network troubleshooting and diagnostic tool. PingPlotter can help troubleshoot a number of network-related problems, but is especially well suited if you are experiencing occasional or frequent slow-downs, disconnects, or general connectivity issues with an application that uses a network connection to function (web browser, on-line game, stock trading application, Voice over IP or similar). PingPlotter is easy enough for casual surfers, yet robust enough for the networking professional.
All PingPlotter downloads include a free 30 day trial. During the trial you can switch freely between Free, Standard, and Professional editions. After the trial expires, you can buy Standard or Professional - or keep using the Free edition at no charge.
Here are some examples of areas where PingPlotter can help you:
- You have an interest in the Internet, or networking in general, and want to learn more.
- You're a systems administrator and need to be alerted whenever connectivity to one of your servers goes down.
- You rely on a network or internet service which is having problems (slow performance, disconnects and other similar problems). You need to know if the target network connection is down, if the service itself is down, or if the network connection going into that service is the source of the problem.
- You're having problems which you think are bandwidth related, but you're not sure.
- The ability to see trends over time about how your network is performing is important to you.
- An ISP is telling you that it's your problem, not theirs, but you've had your side checked out and need to show your ISP where the problem really is. Taking that further, you had your side checked out, but you want to see for yourself that it's not really your problem.
- In general, if you're a user of any of the following that rely heavily on a network or the Internet and experience problems, PingPlotter can assist you in diagnosing and troubleshooting problems.
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- On-line gaming
- On-line stock trading
- An ASP for payroll, accounting, human resources or another part of your business
- You use a web browser
PingPlotter v4.11 - UPD Engine Overhaul:
UDP packet support got a lot of live and the result is significantly more powerful. In version 4.11 you get automatic firewall configuration, removal of admin user requirement, and a pile of squashed bugs that make UDP packets more reliable and easier to set up. You'll also find some usability tweaks, improvements to route change logic, and a streamlined update process in the new version.
Changes since 4.10.1:
UDP engine overhaul
- Installer auto-configures firewall rules for UDP packets (selectable in the installer).
- UDP packets work without admin privileges on Windows 7+.
- Updated remote agent to use new UDP logic.
- Fixed a bunch of UDP bugs that was crashing / not working.
- Added ability to reset/restart selected targets from summary screen.
- Error messages now show in subject line for informational errors on the "Ask for help" button.
- Rearranged options in the right-click menu, and moved a few others from the summary screen "Trace" button.
- Removed "Show route change indicator" option from the route panel.
- Added PingPlotter Mobile link to Help menu.
- Version updates download and launch with a single click
- Winpcap one-click auto-download/install.
- Tweaked route logic to better handle route exclusions and turbulent routes.
- Route change works better with all.
- Squashed a good handful of bugs.