PowerArchiver is a fast and easy to use compression utility. PowerArchiver offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration. It supports most popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use.
PowerArchiver enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount .ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside. In addition to creating and mounting .ISO images, you can now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
Read and write support for ZIP, ZIPX, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ISO (ISO9660 and UDF - PRO only), BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64). Read and extract support for: RAR (10% faster than WR 4.x), ARJ, ARC, ACE, MSI, NSIS, CHM, DMG, RPM, CPIO, VHD, XAR, LZMA, SquashFS, CramFS, ZOO, WIM plus ISO (ISO9660 and UDF) disc image formats and much much more...
Changes between 16.03.01 and 16.10.07:
- PA-49 – Add Ability to search files at all levels of folder structure (using find files)
- PA-34 – Add file information for archive in extract/add dialog
- PA-86 – Add support for latest Offline help files, publish offline help on download pages.
- WEB-27 – Update help files with new tutorials and up to date information.
- PA-55 – Explorer view: while browsing hdd in explorer mode, save last used location
- PA-75 – Preview files in archive using keyboard (up/down arrows).
- PA-92 – Do not save encryption options under last used options in PA main add window and PA shell add window
- PA-95 – Display compression/extraction speed in progress window (MB/s)
- PA-96 – Add support for PSF skins (format icons, toolbar icons).
- PA-101 – Comment window – changed font in comment window also applies to the comment dock.
- PA-109 – Backup: Keep %backupscriptname%.log as filename when clicking browse button to change path of log file
- PA-112 – Create help tip over current filename in progress bar
- PA-124 – update 7zip dll to 16.00 [full release notes]