With its simple design and easy-to-use controls, QuickTime Player makes everything you watch even more enjoyable. Its clean, uncluttered interface never gets in the way of what you’re watching. A powerful multimedia technology with a built-in media player, QuickTime lets you view Internet video, HD movie trailers, and personal media in a wide range of file formats. And it lets you enjoy them in remarkably high quality.
QuickTime features advanced video compression technology called H.264 to deliver brilliant, crisp HD video using less bandwidth and storage. So you’ll experience pristine video quality wherever you watch your movies or videos.Chosen as the industry-standard codec for 3GPP (mobile multimedia), MPEG-4 HD-DVD and Blu-ray, H.264 represents the next generation of video for everything from mobile multimedia to high-definition playback. QuickTime is many things: a file format, an environment for media authoring and a suite of applications:
- QuickTime Player — for playing back audio and video files
- Browser plug-ins — for viewing media within a web page
- PictureViewer — for working with still images (Windows only; Preview is available on Mac OS X)
- MPEG-2 Playback Component — for playing back MPEG-2 content (requires separate purchase)
What's New in QuickTime 7.7.6:
- QuickTime 7.7.6 improves security and is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users on Windows.
- QuickTime for Java and QuickTime PictureViewer are no longer installed by default. They are removed if you have a previous version of QuickTime on your PC. If you still need these legacy features, you can add them back using the new custom setup option in the installer.