Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Sandboxie is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32- and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It is being developed by David Xanatos since it became open source, before that it was developed by Sophos (which acquired it from Invincea, which acquired it earlier from the original author Ronen Tzur). It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie is available in two flavors Plus and Classic. Both have the same core components, this means they have the same level of security and compatibility. What's different is the user interface the Plus build has a modern Qt based UI which supports all new features that have been added since the project went open source. The Classic build has the old no longer developed MFC based UI, hence it lacks support for modern features, these features can however still be used when manually configured in the Sandboxie.ini.
Sandboxie Plus 1.0.13 / Classic 5.55.13 fixes:
fixed memory corruption introduced in the last build causing chrome to sometimes crash.
FIXED SECURITY ISSUE: NtCreateSymbolicLinkObject was not filtered (thanks Diversenok)
Sandboxie v1.0.14 / 5.55.14 - 2022-03-23:
- added notification to warn that the default update checker is lagging behind the newest release on GitHub, to ensure that only bug-free builds are offered as updates #1682
- added main browsers to BlockSoftwareUpdaters template (by Dyras) #1630
- added a warning when Sandboxie-Plus.ini is not writeable #1681
- added clean-up for critical sections (by chunyou128) #1686
- improved command line handling for breakout processes #1655
- disabled SBIE2193 notification (by isaak654) #1690
- improved error message 6004 #1719
- fixed dark mode issue with the new tray list
- fixed not showing a warning when Sandboxie-Plus.ini is not writeable #1681
- fixed issue with software compatibility checkbox (thanks MitchCapper) #1678
- fixed issue with events on box closure not always being executed #1658
- fixed memory leaks in key_merge.c
- fixed issue enumerating registry keys in privacy mode
- fixed settings issue introduced in 1.0.13 #1684
- fixed crash issue when parsing firewall port options
- FIXED SECURITY ISSUE: in certain cases a sandboxed process could obtain a handle on an unsandboxed thread with write privileges #1714
Download: Sandboxie Plus 1.0.15 (64-bit) | Sandboxie Plus 1.0.15 (32-bit) ~16.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Sandboxie 5.55.15 Classic (64-bit) | Sandboxie 5.55.15 Classic (32-bit) ~3.0 MB
View: Sandboxie Website | Sandboxie Plus Home Page | GitHub | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware