Scribus is an open-source program that brings professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows. It is powerful software that helps you create great looking documents of all kinds. It also comes with a lot of support options to help you achieve the best result. There is an enthusiastic and friendly community around Scribus that assists beginner and pro alike through the mailing list, IRC channel, wiki, contracted support, and the bugtracker. Scribus supports professional features, such as CMYK color, spot color, separations, ICC color and robust commercial grade PDF.
Scribus 1.4.5 released:
Scribus 1.4.5 is almost exclusively a bugfixing and update release, including many corrections backported from 1.5.0svn. Scribus 1.5.0, the preview of the next stable Scribus release (1.6.0), is supposed to be released for testing purposes early in 2015.
Most important changes:
- Scribus is now being shipped with the most recent version of Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript.
- Updates to the Scripter that enable more control on PDF export. There is also a new command in Scripter, applyMasterPage(), which allows you to apply an existing Master Page.
- Updates to the Resene color palettes, including, for the first time, The Resene Total Colour System (TCS) Master Palette.
- Many translation updates and improvements.
- Usability improvements.
- Better application icons.
- New templates.
- The OS X application bundle is now code signed (version 1 code signing, due to the OS X 10.5 Leopard build), and now contains the path tools for mesh distortion again.
- The complete change log is available here
Download: Scribus 32-bit v1.4.5 | 76.5 MB (Open Source)
Download: Scribus 64-bit v1.4.5 | 85.9 MB
Download: Scribus for Other Operating Systems
Link: Scribus Home Page
-1 Comments - Add comment