SecureAge SecureAPlus combines application whitelisting and antivirus components to protect your computer from known and unknown malware more effectively. It does what other conventional antivirus cannot do – it can block any new and advanced malware regardless of how they try to evade detection. It even alerts you when risky programs are attempting to run to prevent any accidental installation that potentially can harm your computer. Hence, SecureAge SecureAPlus is the next generation antivirus that truly protects your computer without taking any chance.
With at least 227,000 new viruses and malware created everyday, no one library comes close to detecting all new viruses. SecureAPlus bridges the gap by running multiple popular and trusted anti-virus engines, working together in the cloud for better and faster detection rates with minimal resource drain than your typical Anti-Virus software.
The 12 engines that the SecureAPlus Universal AV uses are Emsisoft, Avira, Sophos, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essential, ESET, Bitdefender, AVG, Norman, Quick Heal, Total Defense and Clamwin.
So What is Application Whitelisting?
It basically only allows trusted applications, those in a so-called whitelist, to run in your computer. Before new applications even run, it has to be approved by the person in-charge, either the system administrator or the IT professional, for guaranteed 100% protection. Simply install the application, finish the automated initial scan to build the initial whitelist, and you're done. After the initial scan it will never fail to detect and block any malware, even if it is freshly created and released. You will always get prompted if an untrusted application is trying to run in your computer. You get full control of what application to trust for absolute threat protection. It's also smart enough to learn preferences and not prompt you from already trusted sources. It's fast and lightweight so you won't really notice it work its magic till it needs to inform you.
SecureAPlus Freemium comes with a one-year free license but users can also join the Referral Program to extend the license and to even earn a free perpetual user license. For more information, please visit the "Referral Program" webpage.
SecureAPlus 3.3.2 release notes:
- Improve manual scanning speed by detecting whether the computer is in idle state. The manual scanning will speed up if the computer is idle (no user input, such as keyboard or mouse movement).
- Improve real-time scanning speed by reducing the temporary files written to the disk.
- Prevent double scanning when executing an untrusted application by AntiVirus and Application Whitelisting.
- For scheduled automatic scanning by UAV, do not show the scan result again if the result is the same as the previous result, until the machine is rebooted.
- Manual scanning shows an icon that indicate if there is no access to Universal AV (e.g. no internet access or if the server is down)
- Prevent saappsvc.exe and sanotifier.exe to be terminated using Windows 8 Task Manager.
- Send checksum for file integrity check when uploading a sample file to the server.
- Set Company Name (Manufacturer) property for Universal AV Service.
- New schemes for extending SecureAPlus license.
- Premium version trial for freemium users.