ShareX is an open source program that lets you take screenshots or screencasts of any selected area with a single key, save them in your clipboard, hard disk or instantly upload them to over 80 different file hosting services such as Imgur, FTP, Dropbox, Mega and Pastebin.
User can select any or all of these tasks to be automatically run after each screen capture:
- Add image effects: User can choose from over 37 image effects and apply multiple image effects and apply them to an image.
- Add watermark: Adds customizable text/image watermark to image.
- Annotate image: Using Greenshot image editor to annotate image.
- Copy image to clipboard: Copies image to clipboard.
- Print image: Be able to print images with printer device.
- Save image to file: Saves image as file with user’s preferred image format.
- Save image to file as: Shows file dialog before saving so user can select where to write file to.
- Save thumbnail image to file: Saves resized image as file.
- Copy file to clipboard: Copies image file to clipboard.
- ...and more.
Additional tools to make certain tasks more efficient:
- Screen color picker: As the name suggests, allows user to retrieve the color from anywhere on the screen and provide values of Hue, Saturation, Brightness, and RGB.
- Ruler: Allows user to get X, Y, width, height, distance and angle information on screen.
- FTP client: Opens a basic FTP client user interface for the currently configured FTP account.
- Hash check: Allows user to check/compare file hash values.
- Index folder: Allows user to share the index of a folder contents by uploading the index of the selected folder as text, html or xml.
- Image editor: Based on Greenshot image editor. It offers functions such as ability to add annotations, highlighting or obfuscations to the screenshot.
- Image effects: Allows to apply over 37 different image effects with their own settings to image. Edited images can be saved in PNG or other formats.
- Monitor test: Allows user to render different colors on the screen which provides user the opportunity to test for bleeding and dead pixels on LCD monitors.
- DNS changer: Allows user to quickly change computer DNS settings with popular DNS servers such as Google DNS.
- QR code: Open QR code window which user can enter text to get QR code of it. User can copy QR code image to user’s clipboard or save as file.
- Tweet message: Allows user to post message to Twitter.
ShareX 13.3.0 changelog:
- Added image effects listing to after capture tasks sub menu
- Added menu icon size option to region capture
- Added lock menu option to region capture that way toolbar grips can be hidden
- Added duplicate button and hotkey Ctrl + D to image editor
- In image editor show menu tooltips for task status
- Added option to swap Enter key behavior in annotation text input box
- Added arrow head direction option (by @Scrxtchy)
- Added bayer scale option to GIF bayer dithering mode (by @Scrxtchy)
- Screen record encoding progress is now shown in tray icon
- Added watch folder option to automatically move files to screenshots folder
- Added “Replace result URL using regular expression substitutions” option to task settings
- Added file compare support to “Hash check” tool
- Added clipboard viewer tool
- Created image effects web page which you can download example image effects, and also added link to it in image effects window
- When .sxie file opened, ask for enabling image effects if not already enabled
- Removed export/import buttons from image effects window, because packager button can be now used for exporting image effects
- Added “Color depth” image effect (by @somethingSTRANGE)
- In “Image” image effect allow using -1 for absolute size to use 100% canvas size, so -1 width means 100% canvas width
- Added margin mode option to “Canvas” image effect (by @7coil)
- Added context menu font option to theme settings
- Visual changes to hotkey tips in main window
- Added error message support to custom uploaders
- Added Japanese language support (by @kanaxx)
- Removed Q hotkey from region capture because users keep pressing it accidentally
- Added screen color picker format options to include 0-1 colors $r1, $g1, $b1 (by @JakeCover)
- Added alternative screen color picker format, which can be used by Ctrl + click, default format is: $r255, $g255, $b255 (by @tomastalian3)
- Added screen color picker info text option, default format is: RGB: $r255, $g255, $b255$nHex: $hex$nX: $x Y: $y
- Added maximum item limit option to history window
- Using custom text notification window now instead of Windows notification/balloon tip
- Added first time minimize to tray notification
- Added “DevMode” option to application settings advanced tab, this option enables some hidden features such as “Restart ShareX as admin” button in tray menu
Important announcement for Windows 7 users:
We updated .NET Framework version to 4.7.2 in the previous ShareX update. Microsoft recommends that a specific TLS version should not be hardcoded so that way the latest supported TLS protocols by the operating system can be used automatically. That is what we did too but then after our previous ShareX release we noticed even though Windows 7 supports TLS 1.2, it was still not using the latest version automatically and needed to hardcode TLS 1.2 in our code to support it. Therefore, due to the lack of TLS 1.2 support auto updater of ShareX is broken for Windows 7 users and ShareX must be updated manually from ShareX web site or you can download dev build inside ShareX app.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware