Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Shotcut 18.11.13 new features:
- Added an Advanced mode to Export.
- Added Export > Use hardware encoder checkbox.
- Added VA-API encoding for Linux.
- Added videotoolbox encoding for macOS.
- Added New Project / Recent Projects screen.
- Added 10 and 20 Pixel Grid options to the player grid button menu.
- Added Spot Remover video filter.
- Added View > Scopes > Video Waveform.
- Added Settings > Video Mode > Non-Broadcast > Square 1080p 30 fps and 60 fps.
- Added Ut Video export presets.
- Added signed app bundle for macOS.
- Fixed support for macOS 10.10 and 10.11.
- Fixed clearing export preset search collapses categories.
- Fixed searching export presets in categories.
- Fixed initial rectangle size for Size and Position filter.
- Fixed reopening Timeline changes zoom level.
- Fixed exit sometimes hangs.
- Fixed some filters' presets do not save any values:
- Key Spill: Advanced
- Chroma Key: Advanced
- Reduce Noise
- Fixed A/V synchronization on some files.
- Fixed seeking on audio files with album art.
- Fixed saving multiple lines of text in preset for Text generator.
- Fixed crash when undoing split and transition on Timeline.
- Fixed filters not applied correctly when using Export > From > Each Playlist Item.
- Improved reliability of Audio/Video Device capture.
- Fixed Color generator did not signal colorspace.
- Fixed transfer characteristic conversion and full range output in Export.
- (Add mlt_image_format=rgb24, color_range=jpeg, and pix_fmt=yuvj420p in
- Other for full range output.) [full release notes]
Download: Shotcut 18.11.13 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Shotcut 18.11.13 (64-bit) | Portable | ~200.0 MB
View: Shotcut Home Page | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment