Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Shotcut 20.11.25 fixes:
- Fixed running on macOS 11.0 Big Sur.
- Fixed Properties > Reverse job always fails (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed dropping multiple files to Timeline (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed Timeline, Keyframes, and Text: Rich editor menus and drop-downs in all filters not showing on systems with multiple monitors (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed drop-downs in all filters not showing the correct value when the filter is reselected (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed appearance of Settings > Theme > Sysytem on Windows and macOS (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed text looks too big in Windows with display scale 150% (regression in v20.10).
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate filter when a size value becomes 0, possibly while editing the field (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed some library dependencies not bundled in Linux (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate distorting the aspect ratio when image width or height > 16000 (broke in v20.10).
- Fixed bad performance regression and high memory usage when automatically scrolling timeline during playback (regression in v20.09).
- Reduced memory usage on systems with more than 8 CPU threads.
- Fixed high memory usage when increase Properties > Speed large amount with Pitch Compensation on.
- Fixed showing the convert dialog twice when dropping files to Timeline.
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate filter behavior in generated slideshow.
- Fixed hiding a filter's VUI when the playhead is not over the filtered clip.
- Fixed a possible crash when audio waveforms are updated in the background.
- Fixed simple keyframes for Stretch X & Y parameters of Corner Pin video filter.
- Fixed some of the undo buttons in the Corner Pin video filter.
- Fixed jagged edges on text in the Text: Rich editor.
- Fixed cursor disappears between some characters in the Text: Rich editor.
- Fixed proxy generation when video includes cover art/thumbnail.
- Fixed a possible crash when drag clip to empty timeline after closing a project with multiple tracks.
- Improved behavior when press enter/return in the current position timecode field.
- Made it is easier to choose opaque black in the color chooser dialogs.
- Changed numeric fields in Size, Position & Rotate and Text: Rich to require Enter, Tab, or click outside (de-focus) to apply the change. This prevents the filter going to weird or undesired sizes or positions as you enter values.
- Changed Text: Rich default size and postion to have a 10% margin inside the frame.
- Added a warning dialog when the computer is getting low on available memory.
- Added Properties > menu > Set Equirectangular....
- Added a Start Offset time parameter and Apply transform option to the 360: Stabilize video filter.
- Added a Show Grid option to the 360: Transform video filter as a visual aid.
- Added a dialog to confirm trying to add or paste filters to Timeline > Output.
- Added Move Up, Move Down, and Deselect buttons to Filters.
- Added command line option --QT_SCALE_FACTOR_ROUNDING_POLICY that accepts values:
- Round, Ceil, Floor, RoundPreferFloor, PassThrough.
- The default is Round except on Windows where it is RoundPreferFloor, which makes it treat 150% like 100% to reduce the UI text size.
Download: Shotcut 20.09.27 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Shotcut 20.11.25 (64-bit) | Portable
View: Shotcut Home Page | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment