Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license. Sylpheed provides intuitive user-interface. Sylpheed is also designed for keyboard-oriented operation, so Sylpheed can be widely used from beginners to power users.
Sylpheed has the following features:
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability with one-mail-corresponding-to-one-file format
- Extensibility by plug-in faculty
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Various protocols support
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Flexible cooperation with external commands
Changes since Sylpheed 3.6:
- The function to export the address book to CSV files was added.
- 'Nick Name' column was added to the address book.
- Context menu was added to the search result of the query search dialog.
- When attaching UTF-16 text files, they are automatically converted into UTF-8 now.
- Show original From on the summary view if the display-name seems to be an e-mail address.
- The bug that wrong reply target could be selected when the summary was sorted by the unread flag (#286).
- Win32: the bug that Japanese characters were overlapped on printings with some font settings was fixed.
- Win32: the bug that empty lines were not properly spaced on printings with some font settings was fixed.
- Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 1.0.2n.
Download: Sylpheed 3.7.0 | Zip Archive | ~10.0 MB (Open Source)
Links: Sylpheed Website | Release Notes | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
1 Comment - Add comment