Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 102.2.2:
- Setting added to change Calendar event double-click action to open Edit Event dialog rather than view only; Set calendar.events.defaultActionEdit to true.
- Running Compact Folders on maildir folders caused a redownload of all messages in the folder
- Accessing mail folders in profiles with many folders was slow
- SMTP servers were not always properly initialized, and were not listed in Account Settings
- APOP authentication unsupported when connecting to POP3 server
- OpenPGP key discovery failed
- POP accounts hosted by AOL were not able to authenticate using OAuth2
- Unable to open context menu in newsgroups header for groups that are not subscribed
Download: Thunderbird 102.2.2 for Windows (EN/US) | 32-bit | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 102.2.2 for Linux (EN/US) | 71.9 MB
Download: Thunderbird 102.2.2 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 119.0 MB
Download: Thunderbird 102.2.2 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website | Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware