Total Commander is a great two-pane file manager replacement for Windows, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move, or delete files. It includes extra integrated applications like a built-in FTP client with FXP, a renaming tool, a disk space analyzer, a file synchronizer, can pack and unpack files, compare files by content, a quick view panel with bitmap display, HTTP proxy support and more.
Total Commander 10 is compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11. Total Commander is distributed as shareware with a trial period of 30 days, but will continue to function, with a subscription reminder, after that.
Total Commander features include:
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
Total Commander 10.52 release notes:
The update to 10.52 is mainly a bugfix release, but also adds a few functions, see below. It also corrects many errors. Complete list of changes.
New functions in Total Commander 10.52:
- Command line parameters: option /O now supports a parameter, e.g. /O0 to never open a new instance in any case
- New hotkey F9 in "Compare by content" to toggle visibility of the two line compare box at the bottom
- Internal associations: New command **path\filename.bar opens the given button bar file as a menu
- Button command LOADLIST0 loads list of files without any error messages when files cannot be found
- Command line parameters now support value LOADLIST:path\listfile.txt instead of a directory name to load list file into file panel
- Quick search with search dialog and Ctrl+S Quick filter: New hotkey Ctrl+Z to clear search text
- The following internal commands now support parameters: cm_Exit, cm_UnloadPlugins, cm_*ActivateTab*, cm_50percent
- New method to open virtual folders via button or command line, with command cd shell:Folder name (e.g. cd shell:Fonts)
Download: Total Commander 10.52 | 8.8 MB (Shareware)
View: Total Commander Website | Android
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment