Transmission is a fast, easy-to-use bittorrent client with support for encryption, a web interface, peer exchange, magnet links, DHT, µTP, UPnP and NAT-PMP port forwarding, webseed support, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.
Transmission has one of the lowest memory & resource footprints of any major BitTorrent client. Transmission's light overhead is one reason why it is so well suited for home NAS and media servers. Having been used by Western Digital, Zyxel and Belkin, Transmission gives truly impressive performance on almost any compatible hardware.
Transmission is an open source, volunteer-based project. Unlike some BitTorrent clients, Transmission doesn't play games with its users to make money.
- Transmission doesn't bundle toolbars, pop-up ads, flash ads, twitter tools, or anything else.
- It doesn't hold some features back for a payware version.
- Its source code is available for anyone to review.
- Transmission doesn't track users, the website and forums have no third-party ads or analytics.
Transmission 4.0.2 changelog:
- Restored support for path.utf-8 keys in torrent info dictionaries. (#3454)
- Fixed value of TR_TIME_LOCALTIME environment variable in torrent scripts. (#5006)
- Limited in-kernel file copying to 2 GiB blocks at a time to avoid potential issues with CIFS mounts. (#5039)
- Simplified filename info in log messages. (#5055)
- Fixed std::clamp() assertion failures. (#5080, #5203)
- Fixed small error calculating protocol overhead when receiving peer messages. (#5091)
- Fixed incorrect escaping of non-BMP characters when generating JSON. (#5096)
- Fixed 4.0.0 crash when receiving malformed piece data from peers. (#5097)
- Fixed 4.0.0 potential crash when downloading from webseeds. (#5161)
- Improved handling of the leechers param in trackers' announce responses. (#5164)
- Fixed 4.0.0 regression that stopped increasing the download priority of files' first and last pieces. These pieces are important for making incomplete files previewable / playable while still being downloaded. (#5167)
- Fixed display of IPv6 tracker URLs. (#5174)
- Fixed code that could stop being interested in peers that have pieces we want to download. (#5176)
- Improved sanity checking of magnet links added via RPC. (#5202)
- Fixed a misleading error message when Transmission is unable to write to the incomplete-dir. (#5217)
- Worked around an older libdht bug that could provide invalid peer info. (#5218)
- Restored RPC torrentGet.wanted return value to match 3.00 behavior. [full release notes]
Download: Transmission 64-bit | Qt 5 Setup ~17.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Transmission 32-bit | Qt 5 Setup
Links: Transmission Homepage | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment