VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
Some of the features of VirtualBox are:
- Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don't have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.
- Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.
- GUI: mouse events did not reach host windows behind the transparent VM window (Mac OS X hosts only; bug #16246)
- Audio: fixed accidental crashes when using the AC'97 sound emulation (bug #16959)
- Audio: fixed crash when default input or output devices have changed (bugs #16968, #16969, #17004)
- Audio: fixed recording when using the ALSA backend
- Audio: fixed handle leak when using the OSS backend
- E1000: fixed a crash related to VLAN traffic over internal network (5.1.26 regression; bug #16960)
- NAT: apply --natbindip1 to TCP connections (bug #16478)
- OVF: when importing an appliance with XHCI controller, don't add an OHCI controller.
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed a GUI crash if Spotlight is used from file dialogs (5.1.20 regression; bugs #16935, #16953)
- Linux hosts: fixed creating fixed sized VDI images (bug #17010)
- Linux hosts / guests: fixes for Linux 4.4 of openSUSE Leap 42.3 (bug #16966)
- Bridged networking: align outgoing packet at word boundary, preventing Windows host crash in MsLbfoProvider.
- Linux Additions: kernel drm driver support for custom EL7 Linux 3.10 kernel
- Solaris Additions: hide an informational message on the bootup console
Download: VirtualBox 5.1.28 | 118.0 MB (Open Source)
View: VirtualBox Home Page
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment