VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC plays absolutely anything. It supports an enormous number of multimedia formats, and does not require you to download additional codecs. VLC features a complete streaming server, with extended features like video on demand, on-the-fly transcoding, granular speed controls, frame-by-frame advancement and more. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
Changes between 2.2.2 and 2.2.3:
- Fix HLS quality selection and a potential stack overflow
- Fix potential MKV infinite loop and improve MKV tags support
- Fix WMV regression
- Fix hardware decoding with libvdpau-va-gl
- Fix crashes with libvpx
- Use libass without caching dialog
- Fix green lines on Direct3D output
- Fix maximizing Window in multi-screen context
- Fix resume where you left off
- Fix infinite recursion in the customize dialog
- Fix size when switching to/from the minimal interface
- Fix size after resume toolbar is displayed
- Fix crashes in media information panel
- Correctly respect the disable-screensaver option
- Allow opening more than 15 elements in Explorer
- Update of most translations