Syfy's "Defiance"

I gotta say I found myself wandering during the latest episode, think I may be done (I may return to marathon during the summer)

I thought the last episode was the best. I did like the final scene, lol.

There's just something not clicking. Seems like the script and cast is too simple for the world they would have you believe.

Syfy Renews Defiance for Season 2

This news should fill Defiance fans with much deto: Syfy has renewed the series for Season 2.

Production on the new cycle will begin August in Toronto, with an eye on a 2014 premiere.

?Bringing the rich world of Defiance to life has been in incredible team effort. We couldn?t ask for better partners than [showrunner] Kevin Murphy, his amazing cast and crew, and Trion Worlds,? Syfy boss Mark Stern said in a statement. ?We can?t wait to see where they take us in the second season.?

Right on. I think the show and the game go well together. Neither on their own is particularly great, but they both make you want more of the other.

I don't really know if I'd be interested in just the show, at any rate. It's unique at least.

With all the money invested in the project,it only makes sense to make a second season.....

I was sceptical at first, but there's a lot to dive into story wise, and after the first 5 episodes I'm kinda intreged where all this is going. But I would like to see more backstory, as that will ground the story for future episodes.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave up after episode 4.

The visuals were pretty good, but thats about it. I just didn't find it engaging at all, which is a shame because it could be awesome, but it's not :rolleyes:

I gave up after episode 4.

The visuals were pretty good, but thats about it. I just didn't find it engaging at all, which is a shame because it could be awesome, but it's not :rolleyes:

No potential to be awesome IMO, but it has become much more watchable over the past several weeks.

I'm still watching it.  It's quite solid.

I like the Alien parts of it.  Continuum is probably my fave Sci Fi show at the moment but doesn't have aliens so I still need Defiance to even things out :P

Hmm,

I never expected Mayor Nikki to get killed this early

. Now I can't see the direction that the plot is going to. Also, does Alac's mother just pretending to be the 'snake' she was on the early episodes because her character now portrays her as a loving, caring mother and an "abused" wife.

Hmm,

I never expected Mayor Nikki to get killed this early

. Now I can't see the direction that the plot is going to. Also, does Alac's mother just pretending to be the 'snake' she was on the early episodes because her character now portrays her as a loving, caring mother and an "abused" wife.

I think her "affair" with Kenya has mellowed her out quite a bit for the time being.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I still think this show has potential, doesn't seem to have the budget to live up to it.. but I like the story and the acting was quite good in season 1.  I will keep watching.

• 1 month later...

I stopped watching around episode 8 of season 1...
Is it worth it? From multiple people im hearing its not all that good anymore. 

I stopped watching around episode 8 of season 1...

Is it worth it? From multiple people im hearing its not all that good anymore. 

I liked it all.  Will definitely be watching s2.

Plus the game is apparently going free to play so I bet I can get my brother into it.

I too just read that the game is going free to play next month.. so I might start playing it and have more reason to watch the second season.

• 2 weeks later...

New season started.   I am catching up on the web episodes and then going to watch it.

its looking good. and it is reassuring that they planning for seasons 3-4 already :)