Syfy's "Defiance"

My episode cut out in the rain, man DirecTV has better service overall than I had with Dish but their signal cuts out way more in bad weather. :/  Maybe time to switch back.

Least I saw most of it.

I'm only watching now cuz the ex-mayor is easy on the eyes from top to bottom. I want to like the rest, but the writers won't let me.

• Like 3

who referring to " her "

the main girl with the heavy make up:

Defiance103HP.jpg

i dont get the plot.    is she some superhero or something?

the main girl with the heavy make up:

Defiance103HP.jpg

i dont get the plot.    is she some superhero or something?

since this is a sc-fi, think her sight of vision is due to her silver artifact implanted in her spine, the artifact together with the gold artifact is use to activate Kaziri, a votan ship buried on earth 3000 yrs ago, which has weapon or machine capable of wiping out or saving or reviving life ; the little girl in her vision resembled her as Irzu could be her younger self when she was forced implanted the silver artifact by daigo's cult ; this Irzu could be an image projected by the machine 

• Like 2

I actually think the acting and writing is quite good in this show but sometimes the production comes off as a little cheap.

I do agree that ex mayor lady's new "uniform" was quite pleasing :P

I think the premiere flowed on nicely from the season 1 finale.. with 'Pardon my ######" Stama proving yet again that she pulls the strings in the Tarr family by controlling her hothead male family members strategically.

Grant bowler does a good job.. but he always makes me think of The Mole from Aussie TV:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

season 2 episode 3, it getting more interesting with this season  :D

yeah, this show is getting better.   considering the rumors of the 2 more seasons, i am quite optimistic and looking forward to this one, as the better science fiction show of recent years!

Its improved but still has a ways to go imo.  If the writers can't deliver on compelling storylines then more blood, more guns and babes.

• Like 1

Its improved but still has a ways to go imo.  If the writers can't deliver on compelling storylines then more blood, more guns and babes.

and blades!  this last episode was great, hope they keep it up.     so much action and drama, without being terrible... that is something new.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Tarr family politics, its the species other than humans that make this show interesting, the humans are pretty stock.

The Voltan(?) Dr chick is obviously pretty shady, Datak is a massive tool... glad to see him get a taste of his own medicine this latest episode.  Stahma hinted that she was the real brains behind their family mob business and has proved it thus far in season 2. Pardon my ######.

Arissa's race are obviously more tribal/spiritual, but still pretty interesting.

I think the acting is still pretty decent, the sets are pretty basic though, story hasn't yet fufilled its promise.

The premise this season thus far isn't too bad, E-Rep Occupation.

• Like 1

season 2 episode 5, hallucination aside,

Datak secretly plotting against the E-Rep to free Defiance ? Wonder is he serious or making use of his allies & then sell them away to the E-Rep to gain trust & finally to get regain control of his family business with the E-Rep as his backing

nice season so far. gives me hope the show will be here to stay for a while.   

i like the action sequences and dramatic ones layered with music.    while some of the show is a bit cheesy, some parts are truly enjoyable for me!

• 2 weeks later...

episode 10 & 11, another good episodes, the Datak family is really one of its kind inclusive Christy & Stahma reaction to who is the killer is superb  :woot:

looking forward to next week season 2 finale which is an 2 hrs back to back episodes  :)

• Like 2

In episode 10 I saw where their season 2 budget has gone.. Linda Hamilton? :P

I think the acting and writing is very good in this show.. the Tarr family dymamics, Arissa's tribal mumbo jumbo, Doc Yul's shady past.  Earth Republic snakey dealings.  I liked Arissa's rant at Nolan, that was good acting.

The Kenya arc only served to show another level of dickishness to Niles.  Almost seems he is only one step away from drugging Amanda and getting her pregnant to further his cause.

Linda is great, 

In episode 10 I saw where their season 2 budget has gone.. Linda Hamilton? :p

I think the acting and writing is very good in this show.. the Tarr family dymamics, Arissa's tribal mumbo jumbo, Doc Yul's shady past.  Earth Republic snakey dealings.  I liked Arissa's rant at Nolan, that was good acting.

The Kenya arc only served to show another level of dickishness to Niles.  Almost seems he is only one step away from drugging Amanda and getting her pregnant to further his cause.

If it's Linda they can use a shoestring budget for everything else. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the finale the other day, I think it was really good.. lots of stuff stuffed in.  The capsules, impending doom, Tarrs captured and released, Tommy, Doc Yul surfacing, Pilar kidnapping.  Tarrs working with old man McCauley.  New York kaboom, Mayor and former Mayor dynamics.  None of the CG looked horribly under-budget either.  Hopefully they step it up another notch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Syfy's Defiance Begins Season 3 Production in Toronto

According to studio sources, season three of Defiance opens on the eve of an impending military siege upon the town, which has fallen on hard times following the collapse of its lucrative mines.  Their fate uncertain, the townspeople face further threat with the surprise arrival of the mysterious and nearly extinct Omec, an alien race of warriors marked by the decades of subjugation they imposed upon the galaxy in the years preceding the Pale Wars

New cast additions include members of this new race. Conrad Coates (The Strain) plays T

great. love that show. 

my friend is most likely be one of the extras.  she has a few second screen time on every show that was filmed here as an extra.    

the pay is pretty low, but she gets to bring home some pretty cool costumes, and it is a temp job.