Win8china: Windows 8.1 2014 Update(Spring GDR) Expected in March, Release in BUILD

Win8china: Winodws 8.1 2014 Update(Spring GDR) Expected in March, Release in BUILD

Sometime ago, I posted a small comment in Neowin News:

screen_169_zpsbc453fb5.jpg

Now, we know about PC Plus(windows/android) for CES, and furthermore, win8china just reported about win8.1 2014 Spring Update, the "Spring GDR" like "PC Plus", had been whispered among OEM's after win8.1 release last year, hopefully we could get more infos later on, maybe a "leak" before it's official release in Apr(BUILD).

Note: win8china had stated the image is just a concept, not the real thing.

http://www.win8china.com/html/9467.html

Bing translate:

Microsoft Open Win8.1 spring of 2014 Update logging update

Windows8 House (www.win8china.com): the Microsoft Open Win8.1 spring of 2014 Update logging update

Microsoft called Windows 8.1 2014 Update spring updates show up in advance!

Windows8 began, Microsoft Windows starts a new iteration mode, Vista, andWin7 time updating every three years, to present each year a jump. This spring, we will usher in a Windows 8.1 a big update, but it is not Win8.2(Note: detailed analysis see theWindows in spring, not Win8.2), but Windows 8.1 2014 Update, or Windows 8.1+.

Now IT House was informed of latest news, inside Microsoft have opened quietly surveying Win8.1 spring of 2014 Update update, its branches have emerged, such as a language pack on the Microsoft Connect Web site. Windows 8.1 2014 Update biggest improvement is the kernel performance optimizations for driver compatibility issues for which Microsoft is testing.

20140107_215646_108.jpg

Above: Windows concept maps, only illustrations

The Win8.1 Update will be posted when? It is expected to be completed in March, many of Microsoft's closest partners, would be the first to get it. Microsoft will perhaps be turned on by the user known as "Preview" mode, but even if Microsoft does not provide a "Preview", we should also remember the practice of "leaking" mode. In other words, ordinary amateur in March will get Win8.1 Update 1.

Win8.1 Update 1 officially unveiled, it is Build2014 Conference in early April. Microsoft's Worldwide Developers Conference, held this year earlier than ever before, this points to the importance of Microsoft. At the Build2014 Conference at the beginning of April, Win8.1 spring Update 1 update,Windows Phone 8.1released, new CEO optional wait for Microsoft.

In fact, meaning beyond the Win8.1 Update 1 waiting for WP8.1, Windows and Windows Phone product line on the Build2014 can be synchronized in order to facilitate future integration of the Windows operating system. 

this is somewhat better, translated from Microsoft Translator

-----

Windows8 House (www.win8china.com): the Microsoft Open Win8.1 spring of 2014 Update logging update

Microsoft called Windows 8.1 2014 Update spring updates show up in advance!

Windows8 start starts a new iteration of Microsoft Windows product model, Vista, andWin7 time updating every three years, one jump each year up to the present. This spring, we will usher in a Windows 8.1 a big update, but it is not Win8.2(Note: detailed analysis see theWindows in spring, not Win8.2), but Windows 8.1 2014 Update, or Windows 8.1+.

Now IT House was informed of latest news, inside Microsoft have opened quietly surveying Win8.1 spring of 2014 Update update, its branches have emerged, such as a language pack on the Microsoft Connect Web site. Windows 8.1 2014 Update biggest improvement is the kernel performance optimizations for driver compatibility issues for which Microsoft is testing.

The Win8.1 Update will be posted when? It is expected to be completed in March, many of Microsoft's closest partners, would be the first to get it. Microsoft will perhaps be turned on by the user known as "Preview" mode, but even if Microsoft does not provide a "Preview", we should also remember the practice of "leaking" mode. In other words, ordinary amateur in March will get Win8.1 Update 1.

Win8.1 Update 1 officially unveiled, it is Build2014 Conference in early April. Microsoft's Worldwide Developers Conference, held this year earlier than ever before, this points to the importance of Microsoft. At the Build2014 Conference at the beginning of April, Win8.1 spring Update 1 update,Windows Phone 8.1released, new CEO optional wait for Microsoft.

In fact, Win8.1 Update 1 greater significance is waiting for WP8.1, Windows and Windows Phone product line on the Build2014 can be synchronized to facilitate future integration of Windows operating system.

From WZOR: 

http://wzor.net/

Bing translate:

MICROSOFT pre-release BUILD of WINDOWS 8.1 2014 UPDATE LEAK JANUARY 15th 67174982userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=111.1wzascok January 8th, 9:36

Microsoft: "Repent sinners!", go back to the fold, and it or bury the final finals 8.1 ...

20854_900.jpg
Lawl!

December 26, 2013, we're (C? and Ko) reported that the latest security updates from Microsoft comes out January 14, 2014 onwards, i.e. in the new year by the Julian calendar, but this time Microsoft did not confine itself to a banal issue security updates or "ROLLUP" package.

The company Microsoft announced its General ("Golden") OEM partners that it is working to release a new update of the RTM release of Windows 8.1 2014 Update.
This is not a Service Pack (Service Pack) to Windows 8 as we are used to seeing all these years, it will be updated with RTM release and its distributions.

Because Microsoft must respond flexibly to changing market conditions have changed and the process of production operating systems: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 RT.
Service packs (Service Pack) over Microsoft produces, manufactures ROLLUP's (RTM_GDR ) which includes both security updates; critical updates; cumulative updates and new functionality.
However, Microsoft decided to release this new Windows release 8.1 2014 RTM Update.

The final RTM build (Windows 8.1 2014 Update) will be available in about three months, i.e. somewhere in March 2014,and it will be available from April 1, 2014 as a free upgrade for all users of Windows 8.
Update will be distributed through Windows Update.
Full RTM distributions also will be available to MSDN subscribers and clients-MVLS in late March and likely in early April.
All of this will be held in conjunction with the annual Conference of the "Build 2014" held by Microsoft, this time it will be held in San Francisco, California (San Francisco, CA) with 2-year April 4, 2014 .

However, since January 15, 2014 and for a period of three months by the OEM Microsoft partners will be made available as pre-release versions (pre-RTM release builds) builds of the upcoming RTM release, and to keys new.
The pre-release Windows 8.1 2014 Update assemblies can be installed with RTM keys from Windows 8.1.

And so, that should be expected with January 15, 2014 years from Microsoft?
First full Assembly (full builds) pre-release pre-release Windows 8.1 2014 Update, as well as a separate GDR (General Distribution Release) that can be individually integrated into the distributions or installed separately.
The ("Golden") OEM partners will become available following the client Windows 8.1 2014 Update: ADK x86_x64, SDK_WDK, Symbols, Language Packs x86_x64 x86_x64, Single Language Builds, Builds Language x86_x64 x86_x64 ...

At this point we can build:
pre-release UPDATE BUILD 2014: 6.3.9600.16581. WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN.2 13122-2030

Company Microsoft has no plans to make public these pre-release Windows 8.1 2014 Update assemblies, they are strictly confidential and each Assembly has a digital signature that can be used to identify the source of leaks of sensitive information.

However, perhaps we will be able to provide these preliminary Assembly (pre-release builds) for general public testing.
This may happen not earlier than one old new od, but until then be content with screenshots ...

look here screenshots: pre-release UPDATE BUILD 2014: 6.3.9600.16581. WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN.2 13122-2030

20127_900.jpg
20452_900.jpg
18773_900.jpg
19037_900.jpg
18628_900.jpg
19391_900.jpg
19462_900.jpg

d?d?ko-C? and Ko
by W.Z.T

twitter.com/WZorNET

To-day Neowin News posted "just" another shot of the en-US win8.1 2014 Update desktop......I guess these shots from win8china might be slightly more interesting:

Posted last week, zh-CN edition for the Chinese OEM's:

http://www.win8china.com/html/9524.html

(btw, the thing on bottom right corner is the win8china tool "win8-master", not a new win8.1 update feature.)

screen_178_zps2c71bf34.jpg

Posted to-day, wall-paper selection "Lines & Colors":

http://www.win8china.com/html/9559.html

screen_177_zpsfc5df3b4.jpg

win8china says it's the same like current win8.1, but I think(I am not sure), a img100 was added, because this is from my win8.1Pro:

screen_179_zpsab9fab8e.jpg

If they do release the update at build then WP 8.1 can't be far behind, they should be released close together if not at the same time.

So any word what's new in this update?  Can someone boil it down for me? 

WZOR has not elaborated on changes, but added screen-shots to a newer build compiled on Jan. 3.

Note: WZOR's comments on win9 (the P.S. part on bottom), seems things are getting interesting, LOL.  :)

Bing translate

The first update to the Assembly 6.3.9600.16581. WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN. 131222-2030 67174982userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=111.2wzascok January 15th, 19:23

January 3, 2014 year was assembled the first update MSU KB2919355 Assembly Windows 8.1 Update 6.3.9600.16581 2014. WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN. 131222-2030, the system now looks like this:

6.3.9600.16581. WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN.2 13122-2030

+ KB2919355

= 6.3.9600.16593. WINBLUE_S 14.140103-2115

22220_600.jpg

21918_600.jpg

21671_600.jpg

21435_600.jpg

kind of like the Visual changes are not visible, pokopaem deeper, report later:) ...

ps: for those who do not read our Twitter will say the deadline for the signing of the RTM of Windows 9 is October 21, 2014 onwards, the Windows at the end of November 9 will go on sale. No Windows 8.2 will not, but task smoothen ' curse failed version".

Remove the "curse of the failed version of" according to Ballmer see Jet Windows 9, Steve Ballmer will leave from the post to the final RTM release of Windows 9, but so that the new head of the company was not connected with Windows 5.0.

Most likely new head of Microsoft company will come into its own with September 1, 2014 year! It is possible that Bill Gates once again for a short time , the Director of Microsoft, on changes in the guide will be known very soon, just the other day!

Later that summer the year 2014 will be an update Rollup for Windows 8.1 2014 Update and the Goodbye Windows 8.1 ... in the desktop segment Windows 8.1 acknowledged failure.

d?d?ko-C? and Ko

by W.Z.T

I have that img100 on my win8.1 64 enterprise install. 

Yeah, I vaguely remember that I have seen it somewhere, tks for the info.  :)

So who's decision was it at Microsoft to give IE 11 a Win95-themed scroll bar? Surprised to see that the taskbar is still transparent.

19037_900.jpg

So who's decision was it at Microsoft to give IE 11 a Win95-themed scroll bar? Surprised to see that the taskbar is still transparent.

Probably someone's who doesn't have a clue what they're doing; change for the sake of change (if it lives long enough till the final version comes out).

So, after all this talk...what will the update actually contain and/or change?

Well, WZOR mentioned (line below last screen-shot):

"kind of like the Visual changes are not visible, pokopaem deeper, report later:) ..."

Guess just have to wait.  :)

I wouldn't expect much from Update 1 for windows 8.1 as far as UI goes.  From everything that's been talked about so far it should just be a API update to winrt to bring it closer together with WP8.1s version of the APIs.  They could tweak some little things though but honestly I don't think we'll see anything big till 9.

Still not as bad as the back button been half cut off, i've really disliked that since it happened back on IE9.

Probably someone's who doesn't have a clue what they're doing; change for the sake of change (if it lives long enough till the final version comes out).

No, that's what the scroll bar already looks like on IE11's new tab page, and only that page.

Still not as bad as the back button been half cut off, i've really disliked that since it happened back on IE9.

I like that design choice.

I like that design choice.

Do you not just think it looks out of place?

It just looks messy to me, i gave up using IE around then anyway so i'm not too bothered.

Do you not just think it looks out of place?

It just looks messy to me, i gave up using IE around then anyway so i'm not too bothered.

Lol, that's like the worst timing ever to give up on IE since it only got dramatically better since IE9