Win8china: Windows 8.1 2014 Update(Spring GDR) Expected in March, Release in BUILD

Dot Matrix

jeez the phenomenon known as "we can't name our own damn updates acording to a fixed naming convention".... They are thinking:  "should we call it: w8.1 update 1. or w8.2 or w8.11 or w.8.1.

Microsoft? Windows? 8.1 Update 1 With Enhanced Desktop and Modern Technologies For Desktop and Tablet Users 2014.

Andre S.

Microsoft? Windows? 8.1 Update 1 With Enhanced Desktop and Modern Technologies For Desktop and Tablet Users 2014.

Professional Edition.

Dot Matrix

Professional Edition.

With Media Center

gohpep

64-Bit Home Edition ULCPC KN Service Pack 1

With Media Center

FaiKee

I guess some guys might have missed this WZOR's tweet, if it also applies to the RTM, then you don't need to worry about removing 9600.16610 update packs :) 

screen1548.jpg

FaiKee

9600.17024.140214-1700 67174982userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=111.8wzascok February 19th, 16:52

both msu and images this time
new names for images as well as keys
possible msu leak depends on tests
upd1 3 msu need to be installed
upd2 msu can be added to server r2 2012 image
upd3 looks like 4 msu need to be installed in case of 8.1 rtm

installation order for 8.1 rtm
1. KB2919442 restart
2. KB2919442-1 restart
3. KB2919355 restart
4. KB2932046 restart
5. 17025 :)

Note: REgistry key displays "17025"; WZOR probably made a typo in his heading.

52075_original.png

Update1: WZOR explained on the build number,......and seems a new toy for the week-end.  :laugh:

screen1550.jpg

Update2

screen1551.jpg
George P

Doesn't sound like anything new in this build so what we've seen so far is probably what we get. I still think there will be a update 2 in the fall/winter before we start to talk Windows 9.

FaiKee

Doesn't sound like anything new in this build so what we've seen so far is probably what we get. I still think there will be a update 2 in the fall/winter before we start to talk Windows 9.

Nah, think about it, win9 will have a new kernel further slimed down (from NT6.3), more ram efficient, and works for all platforms(PC,phone,tablet); if if was started this year, then it won't RTM until 2016.

Rumor(heard from my end): After win8 RTM in 2012, one branch compiled 9220 codename blue, another branch made 9622 codename 9, targeted to RTM in 2014 - similar to WZOR's rumor, but I haven't heard about the DP/beta/RC thing that WZOR said.. :)

Rumor2: MS moved the whole win9 branch to Area 51(or was it Cheyenne Mountain? who knows :laugh: )

George P

I have no doubt they started working on it already but it seems soon to me, they'd want to have a big event for any type of preview for Windows 9 but we know build is coming in April and that would be the time to show it off. So far build is looking like it'll be mostly WP and Xbox from what people are saying, so if 9 is in 2015 they can have another build just for it. Unless they want to have a second build later this year which could be a option since they've had multiple events in the past. Those have all more or less been folded into one now though, it'll be interesting to see, maybe they have just a Windows 9 event like they've had individual WP and Xbox events before?

If there's a big event coming in the fall then that'd be telling.

FaiKee

LOL, new toy coming up  :)

screen1554.jpg

This is the new SKU WZOR is talking about:

54868_900.jpg
52980_900.jpg
53266_900.jpg
53183_900.jpg
53664_900.jpg
53800_900.jpg
54268_900.jpg
54518_900.jpg
54778_900.jpg

Buendia

Is that yet another edition of Windows 8.1? If so, what's different about it, except the name? 

FaiKee

Is that yet another edition of Windows 8.1? If so, what's different about it, except the name? 

Yup, new SKU, we'll know what's new when leaked. :)

Ci7

I guess some guys might have missed this WZOR's tweet, if it also applies to the RTM, then you don't need to worry about removing 9600.16610 update packs :) 

sniped

can it be installed over build 140114?

FaiKee

can it be installed over build 140114?

Build 9600.16596? Sorry, nope. :/

Ci7

Build 9600.16596? Sorry, nope. :/

guess i would wait for the final bit then clean install 

would be waste of time if i do it for escrow 

FaiKee

LOL, if you remove Bing, you are actually upgrading ......  :laugh:

screen1556.jpg

FaiKee

Follow-up from last post: Used a win8 key to upgrade win8.1+Bing to win8.1Pro, now it shows build 9600.17024 everywhere  :)

screen1557.jpg

chrisj1968

I'm curious about this Win 9 RTM info being that the RTM signoff date is OCT this year... Really? Do I wait for OCT or just look to 8.1update 1?

:wacko:

Studio384

On the other hand, when Build takes of, Microsoft is already working for 1,5 years on Windows 9 (like said before, short after Windows 8 RTM, 2 build nummers leaked from 2 different branches (6.2.9220 (for 8.1) and 6.2.9622 ofr 9)), 1,5 year is already a nice piece of work to show of on Build, and a second preview could follow this summer.

I have no doubt they started working on it already but it seems soon to me, they'd want to have a big event for any type of preview for Windows 9 but we know build is coming in April and that would be the time to show it off. So far build is looking like it'll be mostly WP and Xbox from what people are saying, so if 9 is in 2015 they can have another build just for it. Unless they want to have a second build later this year which could be a option since they've had multiple events in the past. Those have all more or less been folded into one now though, it'll be interesting to see, maybe they have just a Windows 9 event like they've had individual WP and Xbox events before?

If there's a big event coming in the fall then that'd be telling.

Knife Party

so what's the big deal about the new bing SKU ?

FaiKee

so what's the big deal about the new bing SKU ?

It shows we are all MS's little guinea pigs, no? :laugh:

FaiKee

The new win8.1 SKU "Professioanl Student", made by upgrading from the leaked SL ISO (tks to @ambidav of MDL). The key and KMS tool is covered since I believe it's not allowed in Neowin.  :)

screen1558.jpg