What does today's patch (PS4) bring? Has it fixed the performance issues and loading times?

I was joking lol. Has the image not appeared?

Father G is tough. Parry, and then molotovs for his last form will help. Try summoning for help also.

The repeater pistol isn't anything special. Fires two bullets instead of one but that doesn't improve parrying in any way.

Don't forget to grab the music box from a little girl of a door/window you knock on, really useful to help you finish him off easier.

Okay, I think Dirtcula is finally ready to travel past the opening area.  :laugh:

scsb.jpg

Okay, I think Dirtcula is finally ready to travel past the opening area. :laugh:

scsb.jpg

He has a world of pain ahead of him :p

He has a world of pain ahead of him :p

:cry: I am seriously not looking forward to it, but I am.

I think first since I have almost no blood echoes, I am going to try and take on the Cleric beast again real quick.

If not I am off to get the Tiny Music Box.

And the only reason I know most of this is I am proudly using a guide. (Y)

Any tip for this?

I found the two NPC hunters near the start of the cathedral area (once you unlock the shortcuts). The first one is easy peasy, but the second one has the irritating habit of staying at medium range shooting with his shotgun (which actually does damage, much unlike my own gun).

I tried the lame approach, DS style, stealthy getting close from behind and landing a visceral attack... which didn't even halve his health.

I then proceeded to the next tactic in my arsenal of DS lameness and began dancing around the well, using it as cover while trying to get him close enough. After a few successful hits I got greedy and went for that one extra blow that left me open for a fatal counter.

So basically I know that my strategy would work, given enough patience, but I was just wondering if there's a better, less tiresome way to deal with that sucker (other than forgetting about him until I deal more damage per blow).

I think first since I have almost no blood echoes, I am going to try and take on the Cleric beast again real quick.

That's a funny thing about all DS games: your find yourself without souls/echoes and consider going for a boss or a tough area, and then by the time you get there you have almost enough souls/echoes to level up  :laugh: ah, decisions.

Well, at least the Cleric Beast is quite close through the shortcut.

Combat in Bloodborne is so different to DS's anyway, specially on bosses (at least so far). On DS you'd want to stay away and quickly get in when you found an opening (or not even get close at all and cheese him from a safe distance... *cough*flamelurker*cough*) while on Bloodborne (particulary against the Cleric Beast) staying away doesn't really work at all.

Well, kinda like the four kings, I guess.

Any tip for this?

I found the two NPC hunters near the start of the cathedral area (once you unlock the shortcuts). The first one is easy peasy, but the second one has the irritating habit of staying at medium range shooting with his shotgun (which actually does damage, much unlike my own gun).

I tried the lame approach, DS style, stealthy getting close from behind and landing a visceral attack... which didn't even halve his health.

I then proceeded to the next tactic in my arsenal of DS lameness and began dancing around the well, using it as cover while trying to get him close enough. After a few successful hits I got greedy and went for that one extra blow that left me open for a fatal counter.

So basically I know that my strategy would work, given enough patience, but I was just wondering if there's a better, less tiresome way to deal with that sucker (other than forgetting about him until I deal more damage per blow).

Poison knives aren't too bad on him

Any tip for this?

That's a funny thing about all DS games: your find yourself without souls/echoes and consider going for a boss or a tough area, and then by the time you get there you have almost enough souls/echoes to level up  :laugh: ah, decisions.

Well, at least the Cleric Beast is quite close through the shortcut.

Combat in Bloodborne is so different to DS's anyway, specially on bosses (at least so far). On DS you'd want to stay away and quickly get in when you found an opening (or not even get close at all and cheese him from a safe distance... *cough*flamelurker*cough*) while on Bloodborne (particulary against the Cleric Beast) staying away doesn't really work at all.

Well, kinda like the four kings, I guess.

Yeah just 8 enemies between me and it, 9 if I feel like dealing with the loser in the wheelchair.  :rofl:

I know the first immediate area way too good since I have been scared to leave it. :s  :laugh:  I know I could draw a 1:1 map of it with all enemy locations and be at least 90% correct. It is sad. It is time for me to be a big boy and venture a bit further. As AB pointed out, for me the real fun begins.

This game is very good, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

It does however have some shortcomings that aren't mentioned in the reviews I've seen. Namely, the camera doing odd things at times, especially when locked on, and occasionally the roll/dodge/parry mechanic simply doesn't work consistently.

Also, the dead body physics are plum dumb.

Still 9/10 though.

Cleric Beast defeated on the 2nd attempt!!!!!

Ddsb.jpg

I did what I said I was going to do, and just went straight for the Cleric Beast.

Got the screenshot right at the last second.

Sorry, I know it is no big deal for you veterans, but as a From noob, I was very damn excited.

Off to bed now. That is enough accomplishment for one night.  :laugh:

Cleric Beast defeated on the 2nd attempt!!!!!

Ddsb.jpg

I did what I said I was going to do, and just went straight for the Cleric Beast.

Got the screenshot right at the last second.

Sorry, I know it is no big deal for you veterans, but as a From noob, I was very damn excited.

Off to bed now. That is enough accomplishment for one night.  :laugh:

Very nice. It took me 2 attempts as well. Did you have trouble finding him? I sure did. Good luck with Father G! On attempt #6 or so now.

This game is very good, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

It does however have some shortcomings that aren't mentioned in the reviews I've seen. Namely, the camera doing odd things at times, especially when locked on, and occasionally the roll/dodge/parry mechanic simply doesn't work consistently.

Also, the dead body physics are plum dumb.

Still 9/10 though.

The body physics are a bit of a running series thing since Demons Souls :p

And well done Larry! Good luck with Father G lol.

Very nice. It took me 2 attempts as well. Did you have trouble finding him? I sure did. Good luck with Father G! On attempt #6 or so now.

If by "trouble finding him" you mean die over and over in the same area of Yarnham for hours, absolutely I had trouble!  :laugh:

I have known where it was for a long time and was avoiding it like the plague. I did a few hours between attempt #1 and attempt #2

I feel sorry for you guys just starting out and feeling good about killing the Cleric Beast and even Father G. It. just. gets. worse. :p

I feel sorry for you guys just starting out and feeling good about killing the Cleric Beast and even Father G. It. just. gets. worse. :p

Father G is intimidating and quick. I thought the Cleric Beast was surprisingly easy. I used maybe 4 or 5 vials when fighting him.

The weapon that turns into a chain whip... :heart:

So finally got into my first Chalice dungeon, invaded three times with a +3 axe in cathredal ward and got destroyed by three players each time, but it's so good. Still have trouble understanding gems, is it similar to rings in Souls games ? so you can apply 3 at a time to any given weapon ? 

The game has more depth than I thought, there's a lot here to discover and go through, giving me a feeling like when I played Demons Souls for the first time, so good. Difference now is I'm married and working full time so I can't play like I played DeS back in my college days. 

So finally got into my first Chalice dungeon, invaded three times with a +3 axe in cathredal ward and got destroyed by three players each time, but it's so good. Still have trouble understanding gems, is it similar to rings in Souls games ? so you can apply 3 at a time to any given weapon ?

The game has more depth than I thought, there's a lot here to discover and go through, giving me a feeling like when I played Demons Souls for the first time, so good. Difference now is I'm married and working full time so I can't play like I played DeS back in my college days.

Yup gems are interchangeable between weapons. Weapons can have different types of slots. The chalice dungeons contain unique variants of the standard weapons with different gem slot shapes as well.

I've avoided PVP for the most part but there are some sections of the games that have a damn bell maiden who summons invaders into your game until you find and kill her. Luckily they don't respawn upon your death.

I think if and when I kill Father G, I will just stop playing.  :laugh:

If 40 years has taught me anything on this planet, it is to quit while you're ahead. :shiftyninja: 

Seriously though, I will give it a solid go, but I will not be disappointed at all if I have to give up. 

Slightly off topic, for those who are playing BB now, did you come to this game fresh without any experience of the Souls series or were you already a fan of the Demon & Dark souls stuff?

I guess I am just interested in who picked this up cold and who digs the challenge.

Yup gems are interchangeable between weapons. Weapons can have different types of slots. The chalice dungeons contain unique variants of the standard weapons with different gem slot shapes as well.

I've avoided PVP for the most part but there are some sections of the games that have a damn bell maiden who summons invaders into your game until you find and kill her. Luckily they don't respawn upon your death.

You can also find the maiden and kill her to prevent people from invading you. :)

Slightly off topic, for those who are playing BB now, did you come to this game fresh without any experience of the Souls series or were you already a fan of the Demon & Dark souls stuff?

I guess I am just interested in who picked this up cold and who digs the challenge.

I platinum'ed Demon Souls, Dark Souls (360, PS3, and PC), and Dark Souls 2. (360) I started Dark Soul 2 (PS3) a week before Bloodborne came out, because the hype was getting to me and I needed something Souls related. I'll platinum that once I'm done with Bloodborne, then I'll probably get the Scholar editions of Dark Souls 2 and platinum those as well.

Yes, my opinion of Bloodborne is highly biased.

I never played any of the previous games and I believe I do like it, the verdict is still out I would suppose since I have barely scratched the surface.

Truth is if I had more time than I do I think I would truly enjoy it. It is no doubt a game that I believe having a good amount of time to spend playing it is hugely beneficial.