I watched gameplay videos yesterday and i'm almost tempted to buy a PS4. That's the first next gen title i feel like i really want to play. But one game ain't enough ;)

Nah I knew about the existence of the lock on mechanic, I did read the game mechanics tips in the Hunters Dream, saw the one video you posted the other day for Beginners, even saw in the options there is a gameplay option to where it will either automatically go to the next enemy or not, I guess I just did not know how important it was. I never use it in other games if it is an option, so it will just be a matter of making myself do something I never do otherwise. Who knows maybe I will be even better once I start using it. LOL

Shortcut you say to skip the wolves on the bridge? Hmmm, it must be either back by the fountain with the crows or even before that. I need to check it out, those wolves were/are a bitch.

A tip is to always break barrels/wooden crates for side paths ;)

You're wanting to head doooown.

I watched gameplay videos yesterday and i'm almost tempted to buy a PS4. That's the first next gen title i feel like i really want to play. But one game ain't enough ;)

More and more rumors flying about a PC version coming later this year. You could wait till then. Personally, the game is pretty good in my opinion. I wouldn't have the patience to wait for the PC release. I <3 my PS4.

More and more rumors flying about a PC version coming later this year. You could wait till then. Personally, the game is pretty good in my opinion. I wouldn't have the patience to wait for the PC release. I <3 my PS4.

That would be nice. I don't plan to buy a next gen console anytime soon anyway. Next winter probably. I still have around five 360 games to finish :p I'll wait for 4-5 must play titles sold at a reduced price ;) I must admit though that since i owned a 360 and not an PS3 it makes those re-mastered titles on PS4 tempting (Last of US and Journey). Helldivers looks really nice too. Still gonna wait though to see what the new management at MS will do with the Xbox One cause i like what they are doing with Windows 10 so far. Can't own more than one console because of my other half so must not do a mistake XD

IGN ran a story from an Amazon listing error. The same Amazon who once had a listing for MGS4 360.

Sony own this IP, its not going anywhere but the PS4. PC only gamers can sign as many petitions as they want. They may as well start them for Uncharted and Gran Turismo.

That would be nice. I don't plan to buy a next gen console anytime soon anyway. Next winter probably. I still have around five 360 games to finish :p I'll wait for 4-5 must play titles sold at a reduced price ;) I must admit though that since i owned a 360 and not an PS3 it makes those re-mastered titles on PS4 tempting (Last of US and Journey). Helldivers looks really nice too. Still gonna wait though to see what the new management at MS will do with the Xbox One cause i like what they are doing with Windows 10 so far. Can't own more than one console because of my other half so must not do a mistake XD

Well, the PC has been getting a lot of love lately, so I wouldn't be surprised. Windows 10 might be a pretty good OS, but I still can't be broken free from my Mac...though it's not gamer friendly.

5 bosses down now. The level design is simply outstanding.

You can tell Miyazaki was fully charge of Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1 and this versus Dark Souls 2.

What a difference two days makes. I just cruised through downtown Yarnham and opened up the shortcut first attempt.

AB, should I upgrade the cane if that is the weapon I am using? I have 3 Blood Stone Shards.

Bloodborne seems to have disappeared from my PS4 recent games played bar.

The Mini Soundtrack remains.

I go to My Library, and its showing the download arrow.  Kinda confusing considering I downloaded the WHOLE game

I click to re-download the game, and it seems that I now miraculously re-download a 2.688GB and a 5.037GB patch for Bloodborne.

Am I missing something here?

Or is this the 2.50 system update rearing its ugly head...

Bloodborne seems to have disappeared from my PS4 recent games played bar.

The Mini Soundtrack remains.

I go to My Library, and its showing the download arrow.  Kinda confusing considering I downloaded the WHOLE game

I click to re-download the game, and it seems that I now miraculously re-download a 2.688GB and a 5.037GB patch for Bloodborne.

Am I missing something here?

Or is this the 2.50 system update rearing its ugly head...

I have the disk based version and am not having any issues, and do have 2.50 installed. Have not seen anyone else mention it elsewhere either. That 5.037 GB update patch is particularly odd as there is no such patch afaik.

Ironically I was actually just coming into the thread to say how awesome the 2.50 update was because of the Suspend/Resume feature, especially with a game like Bloodborne since it does not have a pause feature. I went back to the Hunters Garden, suspended the game, started up the PS4 about an hour later and it went straight to the game. That is glorious.

What a difference two days makes. I just cruised through downtown Yarnham and opened up the shortcut first attempt.

AB, should I upgrade the cane if that is the weapon I am using? I have 3 Blood Stone Shards.

Yeah for sure. The more damage the better. Those shards are plentiful in supply, and at one point they become available to buy.

Eurogamer finally posted their review

Imaginative, powerful and coherent, Bloodborne is genius.

Essential

The fact is that few other studios in the world can match what From Software is doing in big-budget games. Director Hidetaka Miyazaki is possessed of a rare talent, an all-encompassing design sensibility capable of tying everything that matters - aesthetics, narrative, sound and mechanical design - together in a manner where each feeds into and enhances the others. The structure underlying Bloodborne is not just original but coherent, and because of this the impact of everything it does is commensurately greater. This is total design. It feels wonderful to have a world like this and, over a week of solid play later, feel that there's so much more to discover. And it's awful to know that, in all likelihood, it will be a painfully long time until I play anything else that matches up to Bloodborne's breadth of vision, generosity of content, and - yes - genius.

More @ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-27-bloodborne-review

Still waiting on IGN/Polygon.

Yeah for sure. The more damage the better. Those shards are plentiful in supply, and at one point they become available to buy.

AB is completely right Larry. Upgrade your favorite weapon as often as you can. Upgrade materials are easy to come by as your progress further into the game.

Penny Arcade is having fun with it.  I think Larry can relate :D

post-2250-0-17336200-1427462491.jpg

A good game will always suck you back in.

• Like 2

That is weird but I was curious why you were seeing this, from my Google Search I think that is the preload download. So yeah, I think 2.50 definitely did something weird for sure. Hopefully it is resolved after this.

AB is completely right Larry. Upgrade your favorite weapon as often as you can. Upgrade materials are easy to come by as your progress further into the game.

Thanks. I am going to do it next time I play. Game is currently suspended at The Hunters Dream with the shortcut open. (Y)

Penny Arcade is having fun with it.  I think Larry can relate :D

attachicon.gifi-PtCttF8-1050x10000.jpg

A good game will always suck you back in.

:laugh: That is truly perfect, my experience 110%.

I believe I am keeping it now, but just like the comic, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time!!  :rofl:

DL, is the new suspend feature working for you? I'm too scared to try it, because rest mode has never worked for me.

(I mean, it DOES work...my ps4 goes to sleep, and comes back just fine. However, sometimes there are issues connecting to games and the store after coming back that don't fix themselves until a full reboot.)

So to anyone playing it, as I said, I did unlock the first shortcut, so my question is where should I go?

Should I go down the stairs to the left, and take on those two big bastards?

Or should I go through the house and upstairs to those stairs, and go to the left on the bridge?

I want to try to possibly avoid using a walkthrough at least for now, but I am not above asking for some help or advice.

DL, is the new suspend feature working for you? I'm too scared to try it, because rest mode has never worked for me.

(I mean, it DOES work...my ps4 goes to sleep, and comes back just fine. However, sometimes there are issues connecting to games and the store after coming back that don't fix themselves until a full reboot.)

Yep has worked for me so far, but granted I have only used it for Bloodborne. But on 3 different occasions. Once just to check it out, then 2 times during the course of last night. Worked no issues all 3 times.

EDIT - Btw, Locking On to the enemy does make a pretty damn big difference. Yeah, big difference.

• Like 1

Here you go, boys

Not really a glitch, just big enemies :p

That area is mid game material anyway. You can end up there unexpectedly by a "secret" way, which is quite cool. Happened to me randomly. Was quite low level so I had to sprint out. But yeah, by the time most people get there 7,000 echoes in 7 minutes is poo :p Much more useful for farming a few shards.

My current build, level 54

Vit - 24

End - 20

Str - 10

Skl - 25

Bt - 10

Arcane - 15

Using twinblades, cane and repeater pistol. Strength was 9 by default, but I bumped it up to 10 for the pistol.

Started working through some chalice dungeons, pretty cool. Gives us an endgame (besides NG+). Hope the loading patch makes it out fairly soon, maybe by the time I'm ready for NG+. The loads do start to get on your nerves.

An FYI I read on Kotaku

Bloodborne players, make sure you don't summon or invade anyone during the game's Forbidden Woods section! Right now, doing so will prevent you from acquiring a crucial progression item, the Lunarium Key. Sony says a patch is coming next week.

So to anyone playing it, as I said, I did unlock the first shortcut, so my question is where should I go?

I'll just say that going up through the house and then left on the bridge will shortly let you make a more informed decision.

An FYI I read on Kotaku

Luckily I got that key without issue.

There's a really tough enemy near the key, I'm not surprised people try summoning. I quickly grabbed the key then led the enemy outside to fight. Died quite a few times trying mind you.

For something cool, try bowing, waving or clapping at the doll :)

edit: IGN finally posted their Bloodborne review, 9.1

The Bloodborne drinking game.

http://kotaku.com/i-have-created-a-bloodborne-drinking-game-1694145267

gsadl7ifbabyjlxki0tm.jpg

Anyway, here we go:

• If you die, take three drinks.
  • If someone who doesn't like or play Souls games kills any single enemy, take a drink.
  • If you use a health vial, take a drink.
  • If you use your gun, take two drinks.
  • If you pull off a visceral attack, everyone else takes a drink.
  • If you reach a new lamp, everyone has to finish their drink.
  • If you fall off of a ledge, take a shot.
  • Alternate: if an enemy falls off a ledge, assign a shot to someone else.
  • If you throw a molotov cocktail, it's a waterfall. (That means the person who threw the molotov starts drinking, then the next person starts drinking, all the way down the line. You cannot stop drinking until the person in front of you is done. Good luck!)
  • If you defeat a boss, everyone has to take a shot of the victor's choosing.