Man that sucks, sorry to hear it.

Since the second deletion was not your doing (you said it deleted itself), I would go ahead and manually delete it yourself and see if the same thing still happens.

I know that sucks as well, but perhaps you initiating it, and it not doing all of this on its own, will force it to be a proper install so to speak.

If that does not work I would reach out to Sony for sure.

Thanks for the tip.

I will give this a shot when I get home...

The funny thing is, the Mini Soundtrack is there and working without flaw... Even with the hiccups, it remains intact.

Ah yeah, it's tough. You can get an NPC summon to help you, by the way :) Check for the developer note near the top of the path down and ring the bell on top of it. Boss is weak to fire.

This bitch will probably be your 4th (gif will make more sense soon :p)

tumblr_nlzcy5MTz71rk89x1o1_400.gif

Hah, I love that gif. She was also the easier boss so far.

Yay!

:D :D :D

Congrats. I wish I had had enough time to play it all the way through by now. I'll be working my way through it slowly. What is the playtime on your save file?

Any trophies, in particular, that were tough to get?

Congrats. I wish I had had enough time to play it all the way through by now. I'll be working my way through it slowly. What is the playtime on your save file?

Any trophies, in particular, that were tough to get?

Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen was one of the longest and hardest I guess as you have to fight sixteen bosses to even get to her and the 3 directly before her I found to be the toughest in the game. But that could be because they scale to your level and they are definitely tougher than the main game bosses.

But all the dungeon bosses are random anyway so you could get some different bosses to me which are easier or harder it would depend.

And be careful with Hunter's Essence as there is a missable weapon in the game to do with Eileen the Crow who is a non-player character in Bloodborne, the first time you will meet her is after returning to where you killed the second boss Father Gascoigne (or first depending on which order you face the first two bosses) she drops a badge upon being killed that you need to buy a weapon, I'm not sure if you can kill her too early though and miss it being dropped... although that being said she would probably destroy you when you first meet her as you'd probably still be a low level.

Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen was one of the longest and hardest I guess as you have to fight sixteen bosses to even get to her and the 3 directly before her I found to be the toughest in the game. But that could be because they scale to your level and they are definitely tougher than the main game bosses.

But all the dungeon bosses are random anyway so you could get some different bosses to me which are easier or harder it would depend.

And be careful with Hunter's Essence as there is a missable weapon in the game to do with Eileen the Crow who is a non-player character in Bloodborne, the first time you will meet her is after returning to where you killed the second boss Father Gascoigne (or first depending on which order you face the first two bosses) she drops a badge upon being killed that you need to buy a weapon, I'm not sure if you can kill her too early though and miss it being dropped... although that being said she would probably destroy you when you first meet her as you'd probably still be a low level.

The chalice bosses don't actually scale so if you're struggling wait till NG+ or ++ lol.

The chalice bosses don't actually scale so if you're struggling wait till NG+ or ++ lol.

I wasn't particularly struggling with them, but I won't be doing New Game+ as i've got the platinum for it now

I wasn't particularly struggling with them, but I won't be doing New Game+ as i've got the platinum for it now

Sorry Rob that comment was kind of aimed at everyone trying them. Just to let them know you can hold off.

Back from work, patch out to fix some glitches. Sadly not load times yet.

Here is a rare interview with Miyazaki as well - http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/31/bloodborne-dark-souls-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview

When Hidetaka Miyazaki was a child, he was a keen reader, though not a talented one. Often he

Thanks for the tip.

I will give this a shot when I get home...

The funny thing is, the Mini Soundtrack is there and working without flaw... Even with the hiccups, it remains intact.

That actually kind of makes sense to me the Mini Soundtrack is a completely different file right? So it is probably okay and not corrupted.

I am fairly confident based on what you are saying your main install got corrupted, so that is why I said try installing it all over again on your own.

Way back when I used to download a lot of larger files, and this was before broadband and all of that, so we are talking 15GB files used to have to download overnight, and even though the files appeared to be intact, they were actually corrupted.

All it takes is a hiccup in your download (which the modern days consoles seem to do a very good job at rectifying, so I doubt it is that), a hiccup in your install (also not very likely), or what I believe happened in your case, I am guessing a hiccup in the rebuilding database process.

So a corrupt file means the system reports it all as being there, but when you open it is not all there, so it looks for the main file and update even though it thinks it has it, and you are just caught in this endless loop of the system thinking it is there but it not actually being there and even when it downloads the update successfully, it is patching a corrupted file, so once again it is not all there and the whole process starts all over again.

That is ultimately why I think deleting it and reinstalling should hopefully take care of it.

Good luck. (Y)

Sorry Rob that comment was kind of aimed at everyone trying them. Just to let them know you can hold off.

Yeah its ok and I think they are scaled slightly to your level, but they just don't get harder with New Game+

Tip being that you don't want to start the dungeons if you are below level 80

That actually kind of makes sense to me the Mini Soundtrack is a completely different file right? So it is probably okay and not corrupted.

I am fairly confident based on what you are saying your main install got corrupted, so that is why I said try installing it all over again on your own.

Way back when I used to download a lot of larger files, and this was before broadband and all of that, so we are talking 15GB files used to have to download overnight, and even though the files appeared to be intact, they were actually corrupted.

All it takes is a hiccup in your download (which the modern days consoles seem to do a very good job at rectifying, so I doubt it is that), a hiccup in your install (also not very likely), or what I believe happened in your case, I am guessing a hiccup in the rebuilding database process.

So a corrupt file means the system reports it all as being there, but when you open it is not all there, so it looks for the main file and update even though it thinks it has it, and you are just caught in this endless loop of the system thinking it is there but it not actually being there and even when it downloads the update successfully, it is patching a corrupted file, so once again it is not all there and the whole process starts all over again.

That is ultimately why I think deleting it and reinstalling should hopefully take care of it.

Good luck. (Y)

got home late, deleted Bloodborne manually without issue, went back to my downloads and downed the game.

But here is the strange part, the 5GB file u see in the pic, started as a 27GB file then it just shrunk to 5GB out of thin air, and then there is the 2GB update file again.

Should I stop this download and start completely over?  Not sure how to completely remove any remnants of a game off the PS4

post-469420-0-87400600-1427857018.jpg

Now I know something is definitely wrong. 

Decided to deleted everything Bloodline related, all app data cloud data and all. Even the soundtrack.

Went to my downloads and clicked download, everything looks good so far, while 16seconds into the download it goes from being a 27GB download to a 5GB download...

I know PS4 games download and installs games fast but not that fast.

Looks like I'm Gonne head back to Twitter and see if anyone front PS will help me.

Went to my downloads and clicked download, everything looks good so far, while 16seconds into the download it goes from being a 27GB download to a 5GB download...

I did definitely not download 27GB when I installed the game, at least not on items in the downloads list.

Maybe it keeps downloading stuff on the background or something like that, but while the game was listed as a 27GB download on PSN it showed as a 5GB game download + patch when actually downloading it.

You may or may not get the same problem again, but the download size looks OK to me.

I did definitely not download 27GB when I installed the game, at least not on items in the downloads list.

Maybe it keeps downloading stuff on the background or something like that, but while the game was listed as a 27GB download on PSN it showed as a 5GB game download + patch when actually downloading it.

You may or may not get the same problem again, but the download size looks OK to me.

Finally got Bloodborne to download correctly

I deleted everything related to the game locally and in the cloud.

Thank goodness I wasn't that far in the game, at least there was no Earth shattering data lost.

Once I deleted all BB data, I decided to power cycle my PS4 after and try again.

The download once again went from a 27GB download to a 5GB download.  the update file also downed as well.

I let the download just go.  Once finished, I decided to see if I can finally play the game.

The splash screen pops up, then the play online or offline option is up..,  This is good enough sign for me.. Going to sleep now as its 12:25am (have to work in and all). 

THANKS DIRTY LARRY FOR ALL THE HELP...

BB FOR ME THIS WEEKEND...

You were able to platinum the game on your first and only playthrough? That's disappointing...

Finally got Bloodborne to download correctly

THANKS DIRTY LARRY FOR ALL THE HELP...

BB FOR ME THIS WEEKEND...

Not a problem. Glad it finally worked. (Y) 

And yeah good news is you were not far at all.

In fact I have started the game over around 4 times now just trying out different combinations of things. The truth is for the first couple of hours, you will not get very far at all, and once you play it once you can skip the cutscenes, so to get to the area where the game actually "starts," usually only takes about 3 to 5 minutes each time you start over.

Enjoy.

I downed a couple more bosses last night.

(The Witch(es) of Hemwick and Shadow of Yharnam)

Now I am about 7 or 8 bosses in, and still have yet to find another skill-scaling weapon to supplement (or even replace) my cane. I really, really like the cane. But I'm a little disappointed in the lack of alternatives for skill characters so far.

In fact, after fully clearing the last area I went to last night

(Forbidden Woods)

and not finding a new weapon, I got frustrated and went to the wiki. Something I never do on a first playthrough of a souls game. I looked at the entire list of weapons, and there are only 3 other skill weapons in the game, one of which is stupid, and one of which you can't get until the very end of the game or early in NG+. And that one just happens to be the one I wanted most after seeing some gameplay videos prior to release.

I think this is my biggest problem with Bloodborne. The selection, discovery, and pacing of said discoveries of new weapons is a huge disappointment so far. I would much rather find the new weapons in the game instead of buy them. And strength characters have a much wider selection for primary weapons.

edit: I really hate the new spoiler tags. bring back the old black bars so we can do proper in-line spoilers.

I've got a few skill weapons prior to the midway point when a change happens. Chikage, rifle spear, reiterpallasch, saw spear and the cane all scale best with skill. You can get the dual blades very early if you don't mind passing up a quest.

The holy blade is a quality weapon so can scale well with skill also, but requires some points in strength.

You can get skill gems as well to boost any weapons skill scaling.

Right now I'm running a skill/bloodtinge build and rolling with chikage, reiterpallasch and evelyn. I was using the rifle spear first prior to getting the other weapons. It's r2 charge 2 handed is a beast.