Need Logo for New Site

Question

I am looking for someone to create a new logo for a web site that I will be creating in the near future. The site is called "WinHangar" (basically meaning a place to hang out for Windows' fans). The location of this site will be "http://www.winhangar.com". Don't bother going there yet for as there is nothing there. :)

This web site we will be feature news, forums, and etc. I may also be offering hosting and e-mail in the future.

I am looking for a logo that can be described in two words:

cool and wicked

In otherwords, when you see the logo, I want the user to :woot: *grin*

I would like a logo that has cool colors and a nice font for any text. The logo should be some type of image that we can use next to names/tables and on business cards (if I ever make any). Since the logo will be created first, the theme of the web site will be created based on the logo (and I will be asking someone here to do a theme in the near future).

This logo does not have to be business professional. I would like the logo to be more eye catching than looking professional (if that makes any sense).

I will give two weeks for all submissions. Please post all submissions to this thread. If after the two weeks, I find a submission that I like, that individual will receive the following:

1) $30.00 US funds via PayPal

2) Once the site is completed, you will receive recongization for your work at the bottom of the site with a link to any web site you may currently have (i.e. Logo created by John Doe).

3) If interested, you can become a Moderator on the site when the site launches.

Please note that the rights of the logo becomes ownership of WinHangar.com once the winner has received payment.

Good luck to all!

For the record guys it's "hangar" not "hanger". :D Liquid's is the best one so far. :p

But seriously, keep posting your work guys. I am seeing some great results so far.

well I know u've already mentioned the winflag shouldn't be used (which puts my hopes down :() but I enhanced my previous one... remember this is completely vectored and can be resized as much as u want. The edges of the winflag here are smoother than the previous one, and they would look much better on large res.

post-31-1092017624.jpg

so are we breaking a law if we use the windows flag?

I don't think it's against the law for as I see other sites use the Windows logo. But why open's Pandora's box if you don't have to? :) Actually, I am going to invest this a bit further just to see. :)

The refelction is pointless and the circle thing is way too big. Other than that i like it.

I also like that you actually had a spoon picture on hand, very key.

well I know u've already mentioned the winflag shouldn't be used (which puts my hopes down :() but I enhanced my previous one... remember this is completely vectored and can be resized as much as u want. The edges of the winflag here are smoother than the previous one, and they would look much better on large res.

Good logo. I'm looking into the use of the Windows logo now. I am consulting with someone who knows about issues like these. I should have an answer in a few minutes actually. :)

Good news everyone. I just received word from a good source that you can incorporate the Microsoft logo if you wish. There should be no legal issues. :) So you have the choice of using the Windows logo, or not using the Windows logo. It doesn't really matter to me. All that matters is the logo that looks the coolest... A logo where a person will say... "Damnnn.... Whoever created that logo is a genius!" :)

The refelction is pointless and the circle thing is way too big.  Other than that i like it.

I also like that you actually had a spoon picture on hand, very key.

ur right i noticed the reflection is a bit far from the text... but what can I do about it ? the letter 'g' needs it's space

remove reflection maybe ?

the circle is no problem... it can easily be resized (vector :whistle: )

Good news everyone. I just received word from a good source that you can incorporate the Microsoft logo if you wish. There should be no legal issues. :) So you have the choice of using the Windows logo, or not using the Windows logo. It doesn't really matter to me. All that matters is the logo that looks the coolest... A logo where a person will say... "Damnnn.... Whoever created that logo is a genius!" :)

yaay good news :D

well here's mine for now, i haven't played much with it that drastically.....

i guess some of the empty space could be used for maybe some other info you would maybe want to be shown...

post-31-1092018627.png