Need Logo for New Site

Question

I am looking for someone to create a new logo for a web site that I will be creating in the near future. The site is called "WinHangar" (basically meaning a place to hang out for Windows' fans). The location of this site will be "http://www.winhangar.com". Don't bother going there yet for as there is nothing there. :)

This web site we will be feature news, forums, and etc. I may also be offering hosting and e-mail in the future.

I am looking for a logo that can be described in two words:

cool and wicked

In otherwords, when you see the logo, I want the user to :woot: *grin*

I would like a logo that has cool colors and a nice font for any text. The logo should be some type of image that we can use next to names/tables and on business cards (if I ever make any). Since the logo will be created first, the theme of the web site will be created based on the logo (and I will be asking someone here to do a theme in the near future).

This logo does not have to be business professional. I would like the logo to be more eye catching than looking professional (if that makes any sense).

I will give two weeks for all submissions. Please post all submissions to this thread. If after the two weeks, I find a submission that I like, that individual will receive the following:

1) $30.00 US funds via PayPal

2) Once the site is completed, you will receive recongization for your work at the bottom of the site with a link to any web site you may currently have (i.e. Logo created by John Doe).

3) If interested, you can become a Moderator on the site when the site launches.

Please note that the rights of the logo becomes ownership of WinHangar.com once the winner has received payment.

Good luck to all!

Actually, whoever told you you can use the windows logo is completely wrong. The windows logo is a registered trademark of Microsoft Incorporated. This means if anyone else tries using it anywhere without Microsoft's permission, they have full rights to legal action. Even if its a modification, if you can see the resembalence, so can a court of law. Plus, you should be more original anyway. Using the windows flag is way over done. Just remember the Lindows suits ;) They changed part of Windows' name and ended up getting sued and forced to change it.

I will be submitting my design shortly.

Ok heres one idea. With this logo, you could apply all kinds of styles to it. I can give you an example later. Basically you could fit this into any design however you like. Please pm the winner when your done. Saves people from having to check on this thread all the time.

Enjoy

post-31-1092073704.jpg

Anyone care to list the sites which use the Windows Logo, or any other works (icons, wallpapers, etc) copyrighted by Microsoft?

*looks at background image of Neowin*

Actually, whoever told you you can use the windows logo is completely wrong. The windows logo is a registered trademark of Microsoft Incorporated. This means if anyone else tries using it anywhere without Microsoft's permission, they have full rights to legal action. Even if its a modification, if you can see the resembalence, so can a court of law. Plus, you should be more original anyway. Using the windows flag is way over done. Just remember the Lindows suits ;) They changed part of Windows' name and ended up getting sued and forced to change it.

I will be submitting my design shortly.

Really? Neowin uses a Microsoft Windows logo as the background of their web page. Does that mean Neowin could get sued for using this logo? Also... would Microsoft really be "uptight" about giving permission?

^pff

Here's a more direct one from my first concept-

anything can be added or changed- please comment!

The problem I have with this logo is that it would be hard to incorporate into a site. Also, I am looking for something with a bit more edge. It's a great try though.

aww man this means I suck :cry:

*goes back to drawing board* lol

great job though .will

You don't suck man. :) I have a feeling you are going to create something cool that will make people drool... just like my avatar of Homer on the left. :)

You don't suck man. :) I have a feeling you are going to create something cool that will make people drool... just like my avatar of Homer on the left. :)

:laugh:

Well so far I can up with this-

I know it needs work plus improvements so please comment!

post-31-1092098473.jpg

I'll make sure to try and improve mine... The whole deal with us having a limited amount of time to do stuff is really getting annoying though...

*Edit: I'm talking about life in general, not the specifc deadline for the logo.

gazebee2001, yes, people here are damn good. I'm surprised I've improved in Gimp (almost to being on the same level as some people here), without actually noticing. But I do still remember when people used to make fun of stuff I created... :whistle:

I guess practice and experience really do help. :)