Mario Kart DS - post Friend Codes here

So anyone have Mario Kart DS yet? :D It got a 9.5 rating on IGN, which is remarkable.

So, if you have the game, please post your friend codes here if you want to play against other Neowin posters online.

My friend code is

I'll probably be using the nickname Oren (dt) :) (with that smiley on the end)

Edited by dt

see you on the racetrack. (up for moo moo farm and choco mountain anybody?)

EDIT: Stupid Battery Died!! :angry: - Recharge Time :p

Edited by Joel

Man this sounds like fun, I gotta get a DS but the psp looks so great. What's a guy to do? If I had the cash I'd get both (and so many other things)

ohhh man i cant wait till i get a ds. i was never gonna get one, but mario kart is there now which is my all time favourite game. so after i buy my xbox360 and save my money up again ill buy it.

one question... do alot of people play online on mario kart?

I didn't get my phonecall from GameStop yet, Dale where did you get yours at?

586811042[/snapback]

I walked into EB Games (Canada) and there it was... They wern't supposed to sell it till the 16th (Canadian Release Date) but I know the workers there so they sold it anyways :p - they don't care about Nintendo Release dates anyways, they feel that if the USA got it, we got the right to have it as well.

ohhh man i cant wait till i get a ds. i was never gonna get one, but mario kart is there now which is my all time favourite game. so after i buy my xbox360 and save my money up again ill buy it.

one question... do alot of people play online on mario kart?

586811121[/snapback]

I can't tell you how many people play it online, the system is all based off automatic matchmaking, you can't chat or even say GG to your opponent's. You cannot speak or view a public chat room, its just connect and find opponent + friends list (although i don't have any friends on the list yet) nothing more. few times i've only been matched with 1 opponent. Then again its very new. Usually theres always someone there to play though.

and theres a rivals mode, i guess that means people you had tight matches with.. i had one guy who i was very close with. the last 5 seconds made up for who won in each match.

in total there is worldwide mode, regional, rival, and friends mode.

can you play with your friend and invite rivals to fill up the remaining two slots? :)

586811274[/snapback]

i am not familiar with friend modes (sorry) because none of my friends have the game yet, i'm about to test out download play with my friend and find the hidden secrets of that. He is interested in the game and I believe he will get the game.

I think that you can only play with friends if your playing with friends, and as for inviting, its just automatic. you can't keep in contact with your rivals what so ever :( . My rivals could change their name and I wouldn't know (not username/password system).

Personally, Nintendo WiFi is very flawed, its just a system to play online games with and no handy extras. - I will give credit for Nintendo's matchmaking though.

i am not familiar with friend modes (sorry) because none of my friends have the game yet, i'm about to test out download play with my friend and find the hidden secrets of that. He is interested in the game and I believe he will get the game.

I think that you can only play with friends if your playing with friends, and as for inviting, its just automatic. you can't keep in contact with your rivals what so ever :( . My rivals could change their name and I wouldn't know (not username/password system).

Personally, Nintendo WiFi is very flawed, its just a system to play online games with and no handy extras. - I will give credit for Nintendo's matchmaking though.

586811376[/snapback]

This is nintendo's First Central-online system. They havent done this before, so its going to be crappy on the first gen-wifi games. Wait until rev, then it'll be better

crap, i gave the wrong id

thats my Nintendo WiFi ID

my friend code is...

could a mod change my above post to remove my WiFi ID?

Edited by Dale

/Bookmarks this thread

I was actually waiting for something like this to come up. As soon as I get my DS and the game (should be soon), I'll post mine. Do you think if we ever get a heated Nintendo discussion here, we can take it on a quick race and decide who's right? ;)

EDIT: Shouldn't this be a sticky? It would be very helpful for many gamers, given the popularity of the game.

Edited by nav_uno

Crap.

I ran over to Best Buy all excited looking forward to getting my first online Nintendo game only to find out that it hasn't gotten to them yet.

Time to try again tomorrow. :D

What is the bundle you guys are talking about (I'm not on my computer so I can't look)? Also how easy is the game to work with Wi-Fi?

Heck I just want another DS game.

Yay for Nintendo,

Boston

I will be your buddy Dale as soon as the red hot Mario Kart bundles come in.

586813177[/snapback]

thanks. I did a buddy race last night, How it works is if i'm searching for a game at the same time as him it will try to partner us up. (read that in the manual).

You cannot communicate with your buddy, but you can read your buddy's stats (wins, looses, etc.).

also after you inpur your friends buddy code. after the first time you play him you loose it. I can't tell you the guy on my friends list code..

:bounce:

I picked it up at walmart an hour ago, and it's amazing!

I don't have a friend code yet, because i've yet to guess my neighbor's WEP code

I might go warwalking through my building for an unsecure connection tommorow :devil:

:bounce:

I picked it up at walmart an hour ago, and it's amazing!

I don't have a friend code yet, because i've yet to guess my neighbor's WEP code

I might go warwalking through my building for an unsecure connection tommorow :devil:

586815783[/snapback]

it wouldn't matter today, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is having technical dificulties at the time.

check back @ http://www.nintendowifi.com to see when the technical dificulties are over with.. i guess they got a much bigger load than they expected.

EDIT: I don't know what Peap is sorry..

Edited by Dale