Windows 7 build 7022 leaks

oops... forgot. :) I accidentally "uninstalled" Windows Media Center when i was playing around in the "Turn off Windows Features" - wow.. guess it did a good clean up. I gotta turn it back on :)

oops... forgot. :) I accidentally "uninstalled" Windows Media Center when i was playing around in the "Turn off Windows Features" - wow.. guess it did a good clean up. I gotta turn it back on :)

lol

Thanks for helping

Dont suppose you have had any luck yet. I am eager to try this file out.

I am downloading the 7022 build but with my torrent speeds it will take days to finish lol

dhan: You could call it that, but it isn't very useful as it is now. I guess there will be an update to WLM which "fixes" this.

Found another update.

Remote Desktop have now been updated to have a blue bar on top in fullscreen mode.

Build 7000 has the blue bar in fullscreen mode.

The "Drag gadget" bug is still there with the Weather gadget.

Nice catch! I only use the expanded view (which doesn't have that issue) so I did not catch that one.

Does anyone else have the issue with IE8 that during the initial setup, it creates a Suggested Sites drop-down in the Favorites bar, but the drop-down shows the wrong text that should be for the Web Splices drop-down. Pic coming if needed.

Anyone notice this feature? Its new to me!

It been there since vista. I get that screen occasionally with ATI CCC when shutting down the laptop.

It been there since vista. I get that screen occasionally with ATI CCC when shutting down the laptop.

Another way to get it is to have multiple Firefox tabs open, and have the setting to still be asking you if you want to save the tabs. When you try to shut down, it'll stop and wait for a while. Very useful, has allowed me to cancel shut down and close stuff down properly first.

Currently using this build in a VM before I decide to load it onto my laptop. Observations:

- New Welcome Center background.

post-99705-1234235302_thumb.png

- Control Panel has three views: By category (a.k.a. categories that still confuse the hell out of me :p), by large icons (if you click Show all items in 7000), or small icons:

post-99705-1234235386_thumb.png

- Wordpad's icons no longer have an odd red rectangle on the lower right. Also notice that in Basic, the Quick Access toolbar has a very faint white shadow behind it:

post-99705-1234235587_thumb.png

- By default, Now Playing is this small - just artwork with the song name, artist, and album name cycling at the top:

post-99705-1234235620.png

- ...which also means that there's no longer a duplicate cycling of the now playing information on the lower left. Also WMP's Now Playing now renders fonts crystal sharp. Also note the playlist's songs; those are Windows 7's default three tunes:

post-99705-1234235654_thumb.png

- The song preview popup in WMP's library view also uses sharp ClearType rendering for text:

post-99705-1234236329.png

- The Explorer animation some people commented on is simply the cool sliding effect you see in Control Panel, only that it also animates when you open Personalization, for instance.

- Resource consumption, with a VM configured with 2 logical processors and 512 MB of RAM:

post-99705-1234235882.png

post-99705-1234235891_thumb.png

- In Basic, the list of windows that popup from taskbar buttons fade out.

- Windows Photo Gallery Lite Viewer now looks like a Win7 application. The buttons could use some cleanup though:

post-99705-1234236179_thumb.png

- Guess they're still working on this one:

post-99705-1234236850_thumb.png

Edited by rm20010

I've noticed that the Notification tray "up-arrow" has been slightly improved. When clicked, the button highlights white. Though, it still has that annoying bug where if you right click on one of the Icons within the tray box and click off, it won't close the box until you click on the actual box then click off again.

Windows 7's resource monitor is 80 times nicer than that in Vista. It is so hard to use Vista after using 7, but I can't stop gaming, and all my drivers and Punkbuster work in Vista better :(

They had that in Vista.

this will happen very often. People say Vista is bad and Win7 is so cool because of this or that feature. But most of them are already included in Vista :D

The startbutton cutted 1px for me on the bottom, when the taskbar is on bottom. Anyone else getting this? Hover effect is good, just pressed and normal state cutted.

just go to Action Center and then click maintainance tab and click View System History or click start and type exactly what you wrote. It will show, "View Problem history" - will launch the Reliability Monitor.

just go to Action Center and then click maintainance tab and click View System History or click start and type exactly what you wrote. It will show, "View Problem history" - will launch the Reliability Monitor.
Or just tape "reliability monitor" in start menu's search field and press enter.