Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!

3492945076_fe67dc4844.jpg

3492128475_8b4dd9af99.jpg

3492966860_5887709b30.jpg

3492967358_d1b37aef31.jpg

3492153599_bce0d80585.jpg

They didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to, guess I lacked inspiration today and the subjects were quite easily satisfied = never a good thing I guess...

All of them went through Lightroom to add some more life to them, my Sony produces kinda flat pictures by default... (and I really messed up the lighting on some of them)

My first panoramic! Do you think it needs lightroom treatment to give it something?

3494065802_999b727f4e_b.jpg

Edited by witalit

Sleeping Catz is are stealing your zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

Gotta love great animal shots

@ ambroos: I would've played around more with the lit up and the dark parts in the barn photos, like in the first one just focus on the face and the straw behind her... my 2 cents anyway

Edit: Also agree, the third one is the best of them all, best colors plus you can go wrong with green grass and blonde hair :)

Does anybody have any idea how to clean up the top left and right in this pic? The vegetation looks like blaaaaaah. I tried messing with things in Paint.NET, but I REALLY suck at post-processing. I just need general tips, hopefully that I can carry out in free software. I am not looking to purchase/'obtain' Photoshop. I think they are mainly blurry due to the slight winds messing with the 1/2 second shutter speed.

And I hope those random dots are just rain splashes from earlier on the lens. If it's the sensor, then argh, I knew the used D50 was cheap for a reason, lol. Time to clean the lens and find out.

3495908914_9fbd3e1542.jpg

~Snip~

Man that looks brilliant. What do you mean by clean up the vegetation, for example like remove it and place something more cleaner?

Here is another of my latest photos :)

3495007773_867004801a.jpg

This shot is also in a photography contest. hope it is good enough for making the finals

mg136678tonemapped1280x.jpg

Man that looks brilliant. What do you mean by clean up the vegetation, for example like remove it and place something more cleaner?

Here is another of my latest photos :)

I may have asked you this before but what macro lens are you using?

Nevermind, your flickr says Tamron 90mm :p

@ Mr chuang! amazing mosquitoe photo! is it alive or dead? how did you manage to keep it still?

Thanks Mate. This was the biggest mosquito i had ever seen in my life and it just happened to be sitting on the wall still for a long time. It's been in my room for a week or so and I finally got it in the right spot to photograph

Thanks Mate. This was the biggest mosquito i had ever seen in my life and it just happened to be sitting on the wall still for a long time. It's been in my room for a week or so and I finally got it in the right spot to photograph

Stalking the mosquitoe are we? :shiftyninja:

Have a widescreen version of the one you last posted? around 1680 x 1050 ? I don't mind the watermark :D

Stalking the mosquitoe are we? :shiftyninja:

Have a widescreen version of the one you last posted? around 1680 x 1050 ? I don't mind the watermark :D

Sorry man, since I edited it a fair bit the first thing I did was resize it. I might make a wallpaper out of it soon, if I do I'll let you know :)