Build 7140 details leaked?

"I'll give you something like a screencap later, but here's what I noticed so far:

1. You can now add anything to the Taskbar.

2. Icons slightly expand when you hover over them on the taskbar.

3. The "System" menu is more simplistic, and easier to navigate.

4. You can change the login screen picture through the "Personalization" menu.

5. The menu/lists that pop up when you right click on things now have the Aero Glass effect.

6. The default icons for Folders have changed to be the transparent blue ones featured a long time ago.

8. The Minimize/Maximize/Exit buttons on the top-right of a window have changed icons, and are a bit smaller than the Vista/7 counterparts.

9. [bIG ONE]: There's an "Upload" feature for Pictures, files, and videos. If you right-click a file, and click "Upload", you can make it automatically upload to a website of your choice. After uploading, a pop-up will appear saying it's done, and clicking "OK" will cause the link/download link to the file to appear in the popup box. I tried ImageShack and Facebook, and they work.

10. Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese unicode(s) and settings are integrated, so one can run foreign apps or use foreign keyboards without changing languages & restarting.

Source

Wow.

i don't know why you guys just don't stick to the official RC build, i don't trust leaked builds to be honest.

Lol

It's like my dad who used to tell me that my program is crashing because its not legit. Only purchased software from the store doesn't crash! and blames me every time windows 98 crashed at home :rofl:

Lol

It's like my dad who used to tell me that my program is crashing because its not legit. Only purchased software from the store doesn't crash! and blames me every time windows 98 crashed at home :rofl:

well for you knowledge there was a leaked 7100 build that was encoded with a trojan back in april, sometimes you can't trust early leaked build that weren't meant for us to have.

funny you mention your father, my father in law has a rule of thumb too, he never installs a new operating system until the 1st. service pack comes out. :huh:

There is no build 7140 compiled yet, so all this is full of crap.

They were at build 7133 on 15th so it is feasible that they could be up to build 7140 by now, just not 6 days ago when the post was made.

They were at build 7133 on 15th so it is feasible that they could be up to build 7140 by now

last kown build is 7136 from 20th, so i guess they are on 7137-38 today.

Wow...gotta love all the arguments and controversy that arises during beta and rc times. So enjoyable..

Gotta admit, I am usually one to continually update to the new release, but I have not gone to 7127 yet. I have not ran into any real problems with 7100...Lovin this Win7 :)

Wow...gotta love all the arguments and controversy that arises during beta and rc times. So enjoyable..

Gotta admit, I am usually one to continually update to the new release, but I have not gone to 7127 yet. I have not ran into any real problems with 7100...Lovin this Win7 :)

agreed! i won't be installing any other builds until final rtm comes out.

8. The Minimize/Maximize/Exit buttons on the top-right of a window have changed icons, and are a bit smaller than the Vista/7 counterparts.

Almost sounds as if the Longhorn-era buttons with the arrows was brought back.

But it sounds like a fake build, we'll see though, I guess.

This is utter bull****, Windows 7 is at a feature-complete stage since 7100 and they're just supposed to fix bugs now.

Or at least i secretly hope so... because the changes mentioned don't really sound good to me, especially the 2, 5, 6 and 8... wait, where's 7? :p

I just wish these changes were real :( Some are very much needed, especially the right-click thing. I also think the pinned icons becoming a little bigger when hovering over each application in the taskpane would be nice.

I don't think Microsoft would do that. That would be too kind of them :p

The right click thing works brilliantly. I remember asking for it elsewhere in this forum and no one knew of one, but I found a free program called Rightload not too long ago.

It does what I want and would love to have this kind of functionality built in. It's a real time-saver. Thought I'd share it with you guys so you can try it out whether these rumored details are real or not, and to hope that it is!

http://rightload.org/

I just wish these changes were real :( Some are very much needed, especially the right-click thing. I also think the pinned icons becoming a little bigger when hovering over each application in the taskpane would be nice.

I don't think it would match the current superbar's design very much. Maybe if it was more dock-ish, yes; but I think that it looks really nice the way it is now.

wishful thinking but these aren't real.

and you know this how? you guys always say these builds are fake, then they end up being the real deal.

Reading through the list again, it does seem plausible. But I don't know, when you add Microsoft into the mix... I don't know if they'd bother further polishing things up and adding these awesome features at this stage.

Here's hoping they do!

How many times have Microsoft got to say it's feature complete before people engage their brains and realise stuff like this is complete BS and no new features will be added.

It's purely bug fixes and maybe a few minor tweaks here and there now.

It's obviously fake. If you read the article you'll see it was written 6 days ago and in it he says his friend claimed to have been given this build 3 days earlier ie 9 days ago ie on the 14th of this month. Build 7133 was compiled on the 15th so this is obviously a load of BS.

Edited by lee26

How many times have Microsoft got to say it's feature complete before people engage their brains and realise stuff like this is complete BS and no new features will be added.

It's purely bug fixes and maybe a few minor tweaks here and there now.

Beat me to it. I was just formulating a post similar to yours.

The RC is pretty much what you'll see in RTM. Nothing new, period.