[Official] Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote

When did I say I want the bloggers to stream?

I want Apple to stream it.

They release it anyways like an hour later.

Ridiculous.

Glassed Silver:mac

My bad mr. Defensive, misread. So Apple isn't doing a live keynote? Haven't they in the past?

My bad mr. Defensive, misread. So Apple isn't doing a live keynote? Haven't they in the past?

No, not for years with the exception of some events, as mentioned previously, that required mac hardware to view.

Except that it has everything to do with the keynote. If you're not interested, do us all a favor and don't even waste space posting.

Since they just cut the broadcast until after the keynote, I believe you can apologize now.

Since they just cut the broadcast until after the keynote, I believe you can apologize now.

BOOM! :laugh:

I believe I said the entire time it was a stream before and after the event, however, considering it's a stream AT the event and ABOUT the event, I think it is fitting to be mentioned in this thread. You felt the need to correct someone who was posting exactly what Engadget's site said, and I mentioned that they were correct because there was a stream, even mentioning again that it wasn't of the actually show. So yeah, I'm sorry that your reading comprehension isn't so good this morning. Now can we please get back to the topic at hand?

Is it confirmed?

Also I wonder why they don't do it... People get the info live either way, so why not let people see it themselves?

These live blogs annoy me like hell!

I might even hold off this time until Apple releases the video, as I find myself not watching it when it's not live.

Yea, considering ignoring my tech news feeds for the event and go watch Microsofts E3 stream instead and just see the apple keynote when it's on iTunes but I'd much rather watch it live...

No, not for years with the exception of some events, as mentioned previously, that required mac hardware to view.

Last one wasn't livestreamed but several in a row before it were, don't know why they stopped...

Yea, considering ignoring my tech news feeds for the event and go watch Microsofts E3 stream instead and just see the apple keynote when it's on iTunes but I'd much rather watch it live...

Last one wasn't livestreamed but several in a row before it were, don't know why they stopped...

I wish they would just go back to standard quicktime streaming like they used to do back in the day. I don't think anyone understands why they don't live stream, but I do suspect it has something to do with not having a ton of people watching in case something goes wrong. I can't really see much other reason, unless they are trying to make the attendees feel better about paying to see it rather than staying home and watching. It is kind of annoying though because by the time they do post a stream later, if they do, you've already heard everything from the event.

I personally wonder if it has something to do with their stock. It used to fluctuate wildly during conferences, whereas it seems like lately it's been waiting for a few hours before dropping or rising based on what is released.

I'm fine with the delayed information, personally. I'll check some Twitter feeds to see what is going on, but you're not going to get any worthwhile information until people get to play with the new stuff hands on.

Well, they didn't cut anything going wrong with the iPhone 4 one, also half of the journalist are taking photos just about every 5 seconds uploading them live and live blogging, if something goes wrong we'll know anyway :p.

Anyone who pays to see they keynote are paying for the whole WWDC event, most of them would go even without the keynote.

I wish they would just go back to standard quicktime streaming like they used to do back in the day. I don't think anyone understands why they don't live stream, but I do suspect it has something to do with not having a ton of people watching in case something goes wrong. I can't really see much other reason, unless they are trying to make the attendees feel better about paying to see it rather than staying home and watching. It is kind of annoying though because by the time they do post a stream later, if they do, you've already heard everything from the event.

I think thats it exactly. It costs a pretty penny to pay to attend, and you don't get much (unlike Google I/O). Even BlizzCon you get a couple things for actually attending that you don't when buying the stream.

I personally wonder if it has something to do with their stock. It used to fluctuate wildly during conferences, whereas it seems like lately it's been waiting for a few hours before dropping or rising based on what is released.

I'm fine with the delayed information, personally. I'll check some Twitter feeds to see what is going on, but you're not going to get any worthwhile information until people get to play with the new stuff hands on.

Their stock almost always drops after keynotes, because for some reason stockholders want more than what is shown, no matter what.

Well, they didn't cut anything going wrong with the iPhone 4 one, also half of the journalist are taking photos just about every 5 seconds uploading them live and live blogging, if something goes wrong we'll know anyway :p.

Anyone who pays to see they keynote are paying for the whole WWDC event, most of them would go even without the keynote.

Well, that's all pretty much what I figure too, I was just trying to think of some kind of idea, haha. I can't think of any other reasons to not live stream it. It's not like they can't afford the network backing for it, even though it would be slammed.

I don't know when I was being defensive.

The "Ridiculous" was geared towards Apple policy not to livestream it.

About required Apple devices for the stream:

I wish they'd do that at least this time again. Really hope so, but I don't see any announcements and it's just a bit over 90 minutes away, so... :s

When did I say I want the bloggers to stream?

I want Apple to stream it.

They release it anyways like an hour later.

Ridiculous.

It's not like it's impossible though. I mean I can remember the keynotes at google I/O was streamed live via YouTube. Correct me if I am wrong I am guessing one hour left right?

From engadget;

12:48PM Just to be extremely, super clear: Apple will not allow *anyone* to livestream the actual keynote. We'll be livestreaming a post-show afterwards -- you'll find the liveblog here.

Few minuets to go.

Because of his quietness and stuff, wondering if hes going to announce retirement due to health

Time to get it started, lets hope it's good.

I see iOS 5 being a pretty nice improvement, but now that sources CLAIM a JB for the iPad 2 to be coming out soon, iOS 5 will probably screw that up.

54 million mac users...... compared to around a billion windows users.... apple plays the hype up to make anything seem good... but hey they are growing

54 million mac users...... compared to around a billion windows users.... apple plays the hype up to make anything seem good... but hey they are growing

It's not about the numbers but about the growth :/ :pinch: