[Official] Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote

iOS updates look nice. but i have my ish jailbroken for notifier. i may not need notifier anymore...

troll? Its common sense that everyone knows. Derp.

no it's not. go away. this isn't what we are talking abuot.

I'm sure the dmg will be in the download file somewhere. Hasn't that been the case in the dev previews?

I believe so, yes, but it wasn't like you were simply downloading a disk image. You had to open the file you download and extract the disk image. It was a fair bit of work, something that I don't see the average Mac user doing.

I think the benefits of digital distribution far outweigh the negatives, but there are still times when using a physical install medium is the ideal way to go.

Looks like the rumors are true about what the notification sytem was going to look like. It's just like Androids and I like it.

diskless os installs... eh i'm disappointed in that, because your HD can fail and then how do you reinstall an OS on a blank drive? and don't give me the obvious apple answer "go to the apple store genius" stuff... I'm talking about large companies here...

The new notification manager looks a bit ugly and rushed.

Twitter integration looks really good. And I'll find Safari Reader and Newstand really useful as well

i want expose in iOS. android has it...

I want multitasking like WP7. Double-tap on the home button would take you to a screen similar to iOS Safari tabs.

diskless os installs... eh i'm disappointed in that, because your HD can fail and then how do you reinstall an OS on a blank drive? and don't give me the obvious apple answer "go to the apple store genius" stuff... I'm talking about large companies here...

I'm sure Apple will have an alternative way. After all, you can't do NetInstall with MAS images. You could upgrade one Mac, image it, and to NetBoot/NetRestore with that, but it seems clunky.

So glad they've finalled added tabs to Safari! Found the old way of navigating windows so annoying. I'm hoping they support background loading as well

Looks like the rumors are true about what the notification sytem was going to look like. It's just like Androids and I like it.

hmm meh, maybe ill like it more when i see it in motion and use it... but really, i think they should have put it in the space above the multitasking bar

just to use the wasted space (as well as save us from a bit of noise from the fandroids :p)

now they are showing full tabbed browsing in iOS,

another thing I find ironic, going backwards as far as tabbed browsing I feel

For so long I had wondered why browsers didn't have tabs like this originally, and it made sense because of the whole touch aspects

Reminders app came out of nowhere. Looks awesome though. Location-based lists and reminders is absolutely incredible.

All looks very similar, I don't massively like the look of the new mail app at all, seems too much like a tablet app rather than one designed for people with 1000s of mails, it would take a long time to go through it with that view, nor do I like the fact it won't be available on DVD, even if it was ?10 more on DVD it'd at least provide an option: and finally, this obsession with the cloud and streaming frankly scares me, I want hard copies of my files that aren't online thanks

Downloading Lion from the App Store is great for home users, but what about for corporate users that work on purchase orders and not credit card based transactions. :pinch:

Im liking more of these features,

I really don't want to say this about the camera feature, but I sorta feel that the lock screen to camera was influenced by Windows Phone

Really nothing special with the keynote so far, maybe it's just I was expecting Apple to at least catch up with the competition :/

anyone else notice that's not an iphone 4 they are showing everything on?

It is an iPhone 4, just they've changed the icons.

now they are showing full tabbed browsing in iOS,

another thing I find ironic, going backwards as far as tabbed browsing I feel

For so long I had wondered why browsers didn't have tabs like this originally, and it made sense because of the whole touch aspects

well, don't know, most of the third party browsers i've ignored as they just feel like a desktop browser on the ipad, not a browser build of the ipad (using sleipnir right now, pretty awesome) but if it solves safaris problem of having only 9 tabs ill gladly use the tabs and safari

edit: wow the dictionary feature looks awesome!

split keyboard, looking nice, looks like MS wasn't alone with that idea :p

yeah it is. angry net guy. Talkin about "OMG LION is gonna be so cheap".

yeah of course it is. after you pay $1000+ for the hardware to run it on.

Stop being so angry, its life.

i'm just waiting for my ios 5 :p

good thing i paid 1000+ for a over priced 13.3 laptop :rolleyes: