[Official] Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote

don't really care for OTA updates as i jailbreak my phone...

though i guess the first jailbreak of my iphone 4 was over the air as all i did was go to a website and swipe my finger :p

Really nothing special with the keynote so far, maybe it's just I was expecting Apple to at least catch up with the competition :/

Sarcasm?

They've answered a lot of the major criticisms of iOS as well as added a few new things.

I'm pretty impressed so far.

They not only added things that people were expect such as better notifications and lockscreens, they also added things that are pretty big such as PC-free updates and activation. Yes, yes, I know that Android has had those things, but it's nice to see Apple listening to their users.

Sarcasm?

They've answered a lot of the major criticisms of iOS as well as added a few new things.

I'm pretty impressed so far.

They not only added things that people were expect such as better notifications and lockscreens, they also added things that are pretty big such as PC-free updates and activation. Yes, yes, I know that Android has had those things, but it's nice to see Apple listening to their users.

No sarcasm. I was expecting a lot more.

Poor Apple. So many people seem to be slagging them for 'copying' Blackberry Messenger, Android notifications, etc. I'm sure these are the same people who've been complaining that these things have been MISSING from iOS.

Gotta love the fact that Apple didn't have anything new to tell us about Mac OS X Lion... Good that it only going to cost ?30 because to me it isn't worth an euro extra. Honestly did Apple ran out of ideas for Mac OS X or something? After Mac OS X Snow Leopard I really expected Mac OS X v10.7 to be more spectacular than this...

i effin hate the BBM style message apps. I don't want people know i read their message, freakin creepers

Yeah, delivery reports are good because you can still use the 'haven't looked at my phone yet' excuse.

No sarcasm. I was expecting a lot more.

Well, I guess Apple can't satisfy everyone.

Just curious, what were your expectations going into WWDC?

And I really hope you don't say (1) Flash or (2) more open App Store because Apple has been very resolute that neither of those things are coming and have given every indication that no one should expect those things.

Also I imagine its given all the carriers a shudder down their spine.

Yep, although they'll find a way to keep their profits up.

Gotta love the fact that Apple didn't have anything new to tell us about Mac OS X Lion... Good that it only going to cost ?30 because to me it isn't worth an euro extra. Honestly did Apple ran out of ideas for Mac OS X or something? After Mac OS X Snow Leopard I really expected Mac OS X v10.7 to be more spectacular than this...

Just because the big ticket (front and center end user) items aren't absolutely huge doesn't mean the new developer APIs and smaller enhancements won't have a big impact on your usage.

I think that's exactly what happened. I think they may have reached the point (for now) where they felt there wasn't much more they could do with the OS, so they decided to "fix" established features like Spaces and Expose, as well as make a few improvements to Finder and other places.

It seems Apple no longer believes in a separate OS for mobile devices and desktop computers. In a way, they're going with the same model as Microsoft in Windows 8: a completely scalable OS. Perhaps with 10.8 (if there is one), we will see more of this.