BBC BREAKING: Lulzsec leader caught in UK Essex

I'm pretty sure you're considered to be a man over the age of 18 here...

Having said that, the bbc generally seem to say MAN if the person is over 18 but less than 20, who has commited some sort of crime, but if they speak of a victim of something, they use teenager instead. Man sounds more scary, obviously.

Any word from lulzsec's Twitter confirming this?

LulzSec have been suspiciously quiet all day so far.

LulzSec have been suspiciously quiet all day so far.

Aye. They seem to have just stopped rather than their usual 'sailing away on the lulzboat for the evening' remark. Uh oh!

A 19-year-old man, I'm sorry but he isn't a man. 19 is still a kid unless they are supporting themselves.

It doesn't matter, in the eyes of the law they are an adult and will be tried as such. There will always need to be a cut off point.

I hope for the UK citizens that, if the rumors of them having taken over the census is true, he was the one having access to it and that he didn't share all of it yet with his fellow Lulzsec hackers..

that would really suck for you guys =/

Met Police story said that the arrest took place last night and the last Twitter entry was 8 hours ago. That would put it at around 4-5am BST -- not something I'd call "last night". Of course, it's entirely possible that another dude runs twitter and is currently sleeping off a hangover in his cave.

Hmm.. that sucks.. maybe he can hack his way out of jail and get the boat lulzing along again... I for one support them they are quite fun to watch.

Alias: [viraL, Ryan, r]

Number: [+447510557265]

Address: [10 South Beech Avenue, Wickford, Essex, SS11 8AH]

Paypal: [ryan@quantam-servers.net or .com]

Source: http://pastebin.com/7PSwG8vR

Hmmmm.... Everything works apart from age.

edit: apparently this is from a while ago, looks like it's the right guy.

there's still the possibility that a lot of them actually have access to the Lulzsec twitter account OR that the person holding the twitter account isnt a 'leader' or a 'mastermind'

it could actually match because of

Date of Birth:

Unknown, 16 as of July 22nd 2008

edit: apparently this is from a while ago, looks like it's the right guy.

Yep it must be ViraL, but he's not the leader. Sabu is. I don't even know if ViraL is part of the core members of LulzSec (likely but not sure, gotta look it up)

CNN seem to be pinning the Sony hacks in amongst this arrest

London (CNN) -- A teenager has been arrested near London in connection with the hacking of Sony, London's Metropolitan Police said Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/06/21/uk.sony.hack.arrest/index.html

Yep it must be ViraL, but he's not the leader. Sabu is. I don't even know if ViraL is part of the core members of LulzSec (likely but not sure, gotta look it up)

At his age they better hope he doesn't crack, although from the sounds of things there's a good bit of evidence seized from his home.

So did they actually do any hacking? I've just read the BBC news report and it says "hackers" but in the article states DDoS...

They have said that some of their attacks were actually hacks rather than just a DDoS.

I can't believe it's taking them so long to put together an article on this, I'm getting worried. I don't want to look like one of those people that make stuff like this up :s

Oh thanks Keitex :D

"BREAKING NEWS:A UK teenager suspected of being a mastermind behind a notorious international computer hacking group has been arrested in Essex."

LOL at the use of "mastermind", "notorious" and "international".... Why is the media making this guy such a big deal...

th3j35t3r?: Tickety Tock..... t.co/OtnqBPq

6 minutes ago

LulzSec Exposed said...

Thanks for support, as we said Game Over for them, You will see it all over media in few days :)

June 20, 2011 11:15 AM

Looks like they were right...

well this Ryan seems to be the guy that is behind the first Anon clash back in the Sony hacks days , and whom Anonymous swore revenge to by dox'ing him and telling him to "Expect them."

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/862817-anonymous-hacked-by-hacker-who-was-hacked-off

never thought it was gonna turn into "Expect Scotland Yard"

LOL at the use of "mastermind", "notorious" and "international".... Why is the media making this guy such a big deal...

Look at it this way. Lulzsec supposedly have all our info from the census. Claim this guy is a bigger deal than he is, and the populace will feel reassured that they have caught this vile criminal, and our info is now safe...

"The good news everybody: Ryan has little to do with #LulzSec besides running IRC. All 6 members of @LulzSec are fine and safe." #AntiSec

Hah, "good news". A connection is a connection, now he'll be pressed like a bitch to talk and all his technology/PC's have been seized.

Hah, "good news". A connection is a connection, now he'll be pressed like a bitch to talk and all his technology/PC's have been seized.

Yeah, they'll just leave the IRC. They probably severed all ties with him after hearing this

So i guess that's the end of lulzsec :p silly teenagers... He has no idea how screwed he is.

So i guess that's the end of lulzsec :p silly teenagers... He has no idea how screwed he is.

Did you read the other posts before replying?

Yeah, they'll just leave the IRC. They probably severed all ties with him after hearing this

I'm sure they will be able to get some information out of him. :devil:

Did you read the other posts before replying?

Well you might as well transform the tweet into this

"The good news everybody: <insert member's first name> has little to do with #LulzSec besides <downplay member's activity within group>. All <insert slowly declining number over the next few days> members of @LulzSec are fine and safe." #AntiSec