BBC BREAKING: Lulzsec leader caught in UK Essex

It doesn't matter, I highly doubt these l33t hackers operate like a proper terrorist group in cells that are separate from each other. One person will lead to another and another and so on.

You can bet the boat on those who are caught will snitch on the others in exchange for a lighter sentence.

Well you might as well transform the tweet into this

You could.. but for the time being all is safe and sound and the member count is still solid :)

Also to add on:

The ?Anonymous? collective named Ryan Cleary as the person responsible for breaching two of its own sites. The 18-year-old was accused of trying to bring down message boards used by Anonymous members to communicate with each other. Read Here

?We regret to inform you today that our network has been compromised by a former IRC-operator and fellow helper named ?Ryan?,? a post on its AnonOps site said.

?He decided that he didn?t like the leaderless command structure that AnonOps network admins use. So he organised a coup d?etat.?

Mr Cleary was accused of stealing passwords and targeting the network servers used to keep Anonymous?s websites running.

?This is not a joke, this isn?t a lie, this is the truth and we are sorry for that,? the post added. A later update showed a screenshot of a ?revenge attack? that gave the alleged culprit?s full name, address and phone numbers.

Anonymous is still under attack. Going to AnonOps.net diverts to a page with the title 'LOL ANONOPS DEAD' followed by some rather unpleasant language.

Source: http://www.thehackernews.com/2011/05/anonymous-irc-hacker-ryan-cleary.html

So he used to be a helper for Anon but decided to go after them instead by attacking their servers early last month. Anon got info for him and posted it on the website, could be possible that the FBI/Scotland Yard seen this as a possible lead with all the leaked info (including where he lives, DOB, who his parents and brother are, phone numbers etc), and arrested him.

LulzSec just put somthing on their twitter.

LulzSec The Lulz Boat

Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor ****** did they take down?

LulzSec just put somthing on their twitter.

Look above to my post, Anon believe Lulzsec wouldn't be stupid enough to even let him in as a member. He's just an old IRC op who tried to **** Anon over and got burnt for it.

Look above to my post, Anon believe Lulzsec wouldn't be stupid enough to even let him in as a member. He's just an old IRC op who tried to **** Anon over and got burnt for it.

Sorry its hard to keep up with whos who. Heh. I find this all entertaining. And await the articles of when they get arrested. You can think all you want that your "securely" safe on the internet. But your not.

Ah finally ! They've confirmed that there is no census hack at all : "I'm not seeing "we hacked the UK census" on our twitter feed or website... why does the media believe we hacked the UK census? #confusion" and "Oh well, just because we want to waste government and local authority investigation time: we hacked every website in the world. Enjoy!"

Hah. Funny to see the media reporting how important the person they arrested is. Not.

I personally fully support LulzSec, and Anonymous, even more now they're going to go AntiSec together. If they can pull AntiSec off, they will vastly improve internet security.

Apparently they're releasing personal info on the people that tried snitching on them :

LulzSec : "We decided to unleash the kraken on two jackasses: http://t.co/MTw61o5"

LulzSec : "tl;dr they leaked logs, we owned them, one of them literally started crying for mercy, we saw it fit to pastebin their home addresses. "

LulzSec : "Remember this tweet, m_nerva, for I know you'll read it: your cold jail cell will be haunted with our endless laughter. Game over, child."

(I wanted to post it here, but inadvertently posted it in the other topic :/)

Hah. Funny to see the media reporting how important the person they arrested is. Not.

I personally fully support LulzSec, and Anonymous, even more now they're going to go AntiSec together. If they can pull AntiSec off, they will vastly improve internet security.

So you're okay with them disrupting services for millions of people, leaking people's information, etc all in the name of improving security?

Please, grow up.

@_DP, The snitches are involved in cybercrime themselves.

Yes, but wouldn't that be even more incentive to pass along all the info they have? I mean, they basically are leading the authorities right to their own front door. Plea bargain, no doubt.

There's a reason the mafia never went to the FBI and said "Hey, see this guy, this is where he lives now go arrest him." This is getting better by the day.

Yes, but wouldn't that be even more incentive to pass along all the info they have? I mean, they basically are leading the authorities right to their own front door. Plea bargain, no doubt.

There's a reason the mafia never went to the FBI and said "Hey, see this guy, this is where he lives now go arrest him." This is getting better by the day.

im going to presume those two know next to nothing. no way lulz would go down like that...