Breaking Bad (Spoiler Warning)

'Breaking Bad's final season to be split in two, says Bryan Cranston

Bryan Cranston has confirmed that the final season of Breaking Bad will be split into two parts.

AMC is preparing to wrap the journey of Cranston's character Walter White in the show's fifth and final season with 16 new episodes.

Cranston revealed to Entertainment Weekly: "We're splitting it. We're going to shoot the first eight, then take a four-month production break, then the rest will air next year."

On the fifth season's opener, the actor revealed that it will pick up "right where [they] left off".

"We're cleaning up the pieces from last season's huge ordeal where Gus Fring was forced to meet his maker," Cranston added. "It's not as easy as Walter thought.

"And as we've discovered over the years, you don't really know who Walter White is. I'm still discovering who he is and I'm trying to allow myself to be open to him going darker and darker.

"There's physical danger to himself and his family, plus there's the emotional danger due to his anger and hubris. It's about the evil that men do and where that takes him."

Cranston's co-star Aaron Paul recently revealed that Breaking Bad will return for its fifth season in July on AMC.

• 1 month later...

Seriously Cannot wait for this! so glad I stumbled upon Breaking Bad a few months ago.

I found this pretty cool infographic on twitter for people that have watched the show :):

BreakingBad-Infographic.jpg

• Like 2

A really great start to the season, the beginning of the episode had me a little confused at first, but then I realised what it was. haha

Did anyone else think Ted Beneke was dead? I could have sworn he snapped his neck last season when he fell? haha

A really great start to the season, the beginning of the episode had me a little confused at first, but then I realised what it was. haha

Did anyone else think Ted Beneke was dead? I could have sworn he snapped his neck last season when he fell? haha

we were meant to think he died last season, but apparently he slipped into a coma and survived (by 'an act of god' as saul put it in this episode)

I had a hunch he wasn't dead, didn't think they'll write him out that abrupt

Nonetheless, that was a great start to the season. The whole build up with the magnets was tense, it also had it's funny moments.

Great episode only thing that's sucks is we have to wait 7 days for the next episode lol :-P

Thoughts on this weeks episode?

Bit slow paced but it seems Mike has to do all the cleaning up after Gus' death.

Thoughts on this weeks episode?

Bit slow paced but it seems Mike has to do all the cleaning up after Gus' death.

Mike has always been one of my favourites on the show. The scene with Him, Hank and Gomez in the DEA office when Mike put his hands on the table was just awesome.

Also, Walt Jr skipped breakfast?!?!

I never watched any of the seasons of Breaking Bad but had finally heard from one to many people I really needed to check it out. So last Sunday me and my wife started watching the series at Season 01.

Currently 4 episodes into Season 02, and damn what a great, great show. Easily one of the best shows ever made as far as "basic" cable television, if not the best. I imagine we will be fully caught up within a month or so. If it was up to me would be sooner than that, but have a whole lot going on the next few weekends like a System Of A Down concert next weekend and a wedding the following weekend, or else I would say we would fully be caught up within 2 weeks. :laugh: But really like it that much. Plan is to get through Season 02 this weekend.

DirtyLarry, it is indeed an excellent show! There are lots of edge-of-the-seat story arcs coming in the coming episodes and seasons!

The fifth (and final) season has started very well, although I'm not sure how I feel about the season being split into two sections...

the Idea to cook in tented houses as pest fumigators is nothing I would have ever guessed, I always assumed they'd be a basement in the car wash or something for them to cook in

The scene in the music shop made me laugh so much with badger and skinny pete, and I also found this comic on the Breaking Bad Facebook page which is pretty funny if you watch the show.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/breaking_bad_hair

DirtyLarry, it is indeed an excellent show! There are lots of edge-of-the-seat story arcs coming in the coming episodes and seasons!

Currently on Episode 8 of Season 03.

Hank killed the one twin, is in the hospital now.

We are seriously addicted. It is pretty much my favorite TV show ever. No exaggeration about that. It is brilliant in all regards.

So Season 05 is the definite last season? I thought I had maybe heard that, but just read it.