Breaking Bad (Spoiler Warning)

Currently on Episode 8 of Season 03.

Hank killed the one twin, is in the hospital now.

We are seriously addicted. It is pretty much my favorite TV show ever. No exaggeration about that. It is brilliant in all regards.

So Season 05 is the definite last season? I thought I had maybe heard that, but just read it.

So after your initial Neowin post regarding this show (and my wife talking to your wife) we are now also on the Breaking Bad marathon. Currently on season 2 episode 2 or 3. I came to realize something and maybe its just me but do you think this show is almost exactly like Dexter? (which could be the reason why we both love this show). I know its kind of a stretch but the comparisons can be made.

Dexter is a blood expert and works with detectives (gives him expert knowledge to kill)

Walter is a chemistry teacher and obviously much more based on what ive seen so far (gives him expert knowledge to cook meth)

Dexter's sister is in law enforcement which eventually leads to his sister hunting for him

Walter's brother-in-law is in law enforcement which eventually leads to his brother-in-law hunting for him

Dexter's family eventually became a target of his enemies (trinity)

Walters family was threatened by tooko(I know I spelled it wrong)

Dexter justifies his killing by killing "bad people"

Walter justifies his cooking to support his family if he dies

I'm sure I will see more similarities as I get further into the series, maybe im just looking for a reason why I like the show. So far there have only been 3 shows that I would sit and watch 3 or 4 episodes in one sitting to catch up (Sopranos, Dexter, and now Breaking Bad)

<snipped>

Absolutely I thought the same thing about how there are similarities to Dexter, basically everything you mentioned is spot on. I also think that is one of the reasons both shows are so good, as it is a pretty winning formula.

Absolutely I thought the same thing about how there are similarities to Dexter, basically everything you mentioned is spot on. I also think that is one of the reasons both shows are so good, as it is a pretty winning formula.

ok good.. glad i wasnt just trying to stretch it. def enjoying this show and certainly helps pass the time while waiting for Dexter to return in September. I really do hate Walters wife, im not sure if its the actual actress I dont like or the character she plays.

I really do hate Walters wife, im not sure if its the actual actress I don't like or the character she plays.

Yeah, sadly as it goes on the feeling doesn't change. Hahaha

With it being like Dexter, I haven't actually watched it before, some of the similarities might now convince me to though after Breaking Bad finishes the first half of Season 5.

Also, I found some Breaking Bad minisodes on Youtube, they're from the DVD extras, I found this one so funny! (No spoilers either, they're no relation to the real show's story)

Yeah, sadly as it goes on the feeling doesn't change. Hahaha

With it being like Dexter, I haven't actually watched it before, some of the similarities might now convince me to though after Breaking Bad finishes the first half of Season 5.

Also, I found some Breaking Bad minisodes on Youtube, they're from the DVD extras, I found this one so funny! (No spoilers either, they're no relation to the real show's story)

that was good.. perhaps I should check out the rest of the mini's. Also, I would highly suggest checking out Dexter, really was/is a great show. I'm envious for anyone who can watch the season with John Lithgow for the first time.

Nice, I need to watch these mini's on YouTube.

And I trully cannot stand Skylar, her character is so incredibly bitchy and annoying it is not even funny. So either the actress herself is amazing, or she is like that in real life. :laugh:

Getting the feeling skyler is gonna be the one to finally get everyone busted

Another good episode! Glad they've started to cook again now.

Getting the feeling skyler is gonna be the one to finally get everyone busted

Either that or tops herself and causes a serious investigation into her death and assets

:o

Either that or tops herself and causes a serious investigation into her death and assets

:o

Or(may be farfetched) Walt Kills her. Makes sort of sense, Walt is hiding a vial of ricin next to their bed he can use if she becomes too much of a liability.

Or(may be farfetched) Walt Kills her. Makes sort of sense, Walt is hiding a vial of ricin next to their bed he can use if she becomes too much of a liability.

Would be amazing if Walt Jr was behind everything, ala The Usual Suspects

It was weird last night seeing Walt with a full head of hair in Total Recall lol

Wow, another great episode this week!

[spolier]I know Skyler isn't a terribly popular character around here, but I was extremely impressed by Anna Gunn's performance - she truly looked desperate and out of ideas when confronted by Walt.

Oh, can someone remind me what happened to Walt's car that required all the repairs?

Wow, another great episode this week!

[spolier]I know Skyler isn't a terribly popular character around here, but I was extremely impressed by Anna Gunn's performance - she truly looked desperate and out of ideas when confronted by Walt.

Oh, can someone remind me what happened to Walt's car that required all the repairs?

remember when Walt ran over those drug dealers working for gus? It was a stand off , waiting as Jessy approached to kill them.... he had a beef with one of them for something i can't fully remember :D

Did everyone else hear the gun at the end of the episode right after the ticking finishes :) ?

On another note, skyler is so freaking annoying :/

^^ That is one of my favourite scenes, loved it.

Okay episode this week, bit slow paced. I don't know why Skyler agreed to all this and help Walt with laundering money etc, and now pretty much wants him dead..