Mac OS X Lion Bugs

The screen zoom functionality randomly stops working unless the new "Zoom in window" option in turned on.

Just installed Lion... not very happy with it.

My scrolling sucks basically. I went back to the SL scrolling and not iOS.

In the finder, under 'All My Files' the scrolling is just sooooooo sensitive. If I move my 2 fingers 1mm its fine but when it is 2mm it skips over 3-4 files. Scrolling is just so annoying.

Also, hating the font.

Not a good job Apple.

Did I miss 10.7.1 or ? what?s going on? Worse thing is, it?s a pretty reliable source.

Nope, haven't heard anything about 10.7.1.

Just installed Lion... not very happy with it.

My scrolling sucks basically. I went back to the SL scrolling and not iOS.

You can disable that in Lion and revert back to 'standard' scrolling.

I'm very happy with lion & all the native apps seems to be working fine. But photoshop cs5 is driving me nuts. I'm running Photoshop 12.0 (64 bit) middle eastren version. Whenever I select text tool, photoshop becomes totally unresponsive. Can anyone help?

That's not a bug, it's "resume" resuming your session

so how do i turn it off just for safari then as i want my homepage not the last things i looked at :blink:

Did I miss 10.7.1 or ? what?s going on? Worse thing is, it?s a pretty reliable source.

It's likely that Apple won't be seeding 10.7.1 to developers because it includes major bug fixes and there just isn't time to test it. That update may be dropping as soon as this week, next week the latest. Apple probably wants to at least begin testing 10.7.2 already because it will also probably be released soon.

I'm not planning to install 10.7.2 because it seems very very buggy right now.

so how do i turn it off just for safari then as i want my homepage not the last things i looked at :blink:

I explained how to do so in the first subject of the first post. :)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1013650-mac-os-x-lion-tips-tricks-thread/

So basically what you need to do is go to ~/Library/Saved Application Sate and lock the folder com.apple.Safari.savedState. That way you prevent Safari from being able to save resumed sessions loosing in turn the ability to restore from it.

post-128385-0-07923800-1311514493.png

Anyone experience this. With the Dock set to Hide. Apps don't fill the screen. There is a gap at the bottom. Seems to happen in all apps. rolleyes.gif

778036856.png

That's not a bug, that's how it has been since I can remember. My old MacBook running Leopard does it, and my new MBP running Snow Leopard does it.

You can disable that in Lion and revert back to 'standard' scrolling.

I have done that and the scrolling is not as smooth as it used to be.

That's not a bug, that's how it has been since I can remember. My old MacBook running Leopard does it, and my new MBP running Snow Leopard does it.

Well it didn't happen with SL installed on my MBP, doesn't happen with my iMac running SL or with my work Mac Pro running Leopard. unsure.gif

:/ Never seen it happen before on Mac OS X Snow Leopard or below.

*shrug* I was typing that message on a Leopard machine that did it, and I tried it on my SL laptop while I was waiting for it to download Lion. They both did it, that's why I said they did.

No idea why it would be selective like that. :huh:

*shrug* I was typing that message on a Leopard machine that did it, and I tried it on my SL laptop while I was waiting for it to download Lion. They both did it, that's why I said they did.

No idea why it would be selective like that. :huh:

It did that when I had Snow Leopard too.

Damn it! Just discovered that unplugging an iPod Classic from iTunes after using the correct eject process results in a Kernel panic; and then causes the system to automatically restart.

Replicated the issue three times using different USB cables and USB ports on the Mac.

Environment: iMac 27" 2010, iTunes 10.4 (64 bit), OS X Lion 10.7.0 Clean installed, iPod Classic 80GB Mac Formatted.

I hope Apple fixes this soon!

Just tried browsing and copying files off one of our Windows file servers. And it slowed Lion to a crawl. When switching between Desktops using the gesture the top-most app would stay in front, even in the middle of the desktop switch animation. Copying took forever (it was < 100 MB) and when it was done everything returned to normal.

Can anyone try this to confirm if this is actually an issue or not?

If you have Skype 2.8 (not 5) just try to do a screen share with someone. All I'm able to send is a black screen. Normal webcam video works fine, though. I have a feeling it might be a software bug or maybe something specific to my GPU (Nvidia 330m).

I should note that this worked perfectly fine in SL.

Damn it! Just discovered that unplugging an iPod Classic from iTunes after using the correct eject process results in a Kernel panic; and then causes the system to automatically restart.

Replicated the issue three times using different USB cables and USB ports on the Mac.

Environment: iMac 27" 2010, iTunes 10.4 (64 bit), OS X Lion 10.7.0 Clean installed, iPod Classic 80GB Mac Formatted.

I hope Apple fixes this soon!

Might be iTunes, not Lion. Any chance you have access to iTunes 10.5 beta?

Might be iTunes, not Lion. Any chance you have access to iTunes 10.5 beta?

I don't have access to the beta; although I would prefer to avoid beta Apple software for now.

Will do some digging when I get home to see if there are any fixes.

Anyone got a problem with playing a flash content? My iMac keeps freezing after I just hit "play" button on a YouTube or Engadget or any other web site. Tried different browsers and installed flash from the Adobe web site. It happens randomly but 1-2 times per day.

I can't do the force quit. Nothing works. Only a hard shutdown.

Yea, its been there for the past 5yrs,

Auto-Hide dock ftw... shame tho there is a gap there, you get used to it. I remember the window borders would get burnt into my lcd cause they weren't the fullscreen.

Anyone got a problem with playing a flash content? My iMac keeps freezing after I just hit "play" button on a YouTube or Engadget or any other web site. Tried different browsers and installed flash from the Adobe web site. It happens randomly but 1-2 times per day.

I've been experiencing this but assumed it was caused by congestion issues with different web sites?

By freeze I mean the video stops playing for a few seconds. Other elements in the browser and other applications continue to work as per usual.

Looks like that's a common issue for iMacs. I'm not getting it on my iMac, but I've seen a lot of reports of it happening.

This has been reported as fixed in the dev build 10.7.2