What was the last album you listened to?

I felt like making a music version of this thread, so here it is! :p

Now I know there's already a similar-sounding thread in this section, but that's just to post what song you're listening to right now, whereas this is basically where you can post what album you last listened to in its entirety, and even give a quick (or long; I don't mind) review about the album.

I'll kick off the thread with this...

BTW, if you want to save time looking for decent album covers, go to Album Art Exchange. ;)

The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing (2008)

post-151617-0-25100100-1313433285.jpg

I went through this a couple of hours ago, and I can now see why they faded away from the mainstream's attention rather quickly; because they're actually good. :p They were fortunate to grab a #1 single in the UK with

, and a top-10 followup with
, but as is the way in the mainstream world, the best songs never make it big in the charts (see also, pretty much every Nickelback album from "Silver Side Up" onwards). Two of my lesser-known favourites are "Fruit Machine" and
. This is a great little album, and it's got me looking even more forward to their next album when they eventually finish it.

They've already released a single from it last year, called

, and I'm curious to see if the rest of the album ends up following a similar style (more electronic-orientated, and less New Wave), as it'd be quite a departure from "We Started Nothing". For now, I'll continue to play the waiting game. The band say that the album will finally be released in October, so hopefully they can make that deadline. :)

9.4/10

Between Wednesday and today I'm given Coheed and Cambria's Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

attachment.php?attachmentid=144452&stc=1&d=1232116828

a good 2-3 plays... :blush:

Been listening to these two recently acquired records

Jay Rock: Follow Me Home

jay-rock-follow-me-home.jpg

Game: Hoodmorning (No Typo): Candy Coronas

Game-Hoodmorning-Cover.jpg

I haven't stopped listening to Adele - 21

Ahh, I'm starting to warm up to Adele now, ever since I heard "Set Fire to the Rain". :) Sometimes you ignore or don't pay much attention to an artist for so long, then you catch a glimpse of a certain song that pulls you in and then you finally start taking notice of them. Happened to me with Florence + The Machine (

), and even with The Ting Tings (
). :)

"The Yumyum Tree" by Ozric Tentacles

Pretty bizarre but also awesome.

Between Wednesday and today I'm given Coheed and Cambria's Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

Great album dude, I'd say it's their finest work overall.

Klank - Still Suffering (1996)

post-151617-0-82255800-1313433608.jpg

Went through this earlier. For those who've never heard of Klank (which would be pretty much everyone else on Neowin :p ), they're an underground industrial metal band; similar to Circle of Dust, Argyle Park/AP2, and Chatterbox. And I'm gonna bet that no one on here's heard of any of those bands either. :p But basically, all four of those bands are connected to a guy called Klayton, who's better known for his solo project,

(he's a bit like an underground Trent Reznor, only he doesn't criticise everything in his path). Bascially, he was a member of Circle of Dust, and Argyle Park (but not AP2), and he produced albums for AP2, Chatterbox, and Klank.

I'm currently going through their second album, "Numb" (2000), right now, and well, it's making "Still Suffering" sound a lot better, which is pretty average, to be honest. It starts off pretty well with the first three tracks (especially with track 2,

), and then it just gradually goes downhill with a little reprieve on track 5, "Deceived", but ultimately, it ends with the abysmal track 10, "Woodensoul".

"Downside" is easily the best track on the album (and I'm gonna make a safe bet now that "Blind" ends up being the best track on "Numb"). The only track that comes any close to it is "Time", the first track.

6.4/10

Klank - Numb (2000)

post-151617-0-23961900-1313435822.jpg

...well, I was right there. Only one good track; nothing else even came close. I don't even think I could bear going through their later stuff now.

5.4/10

Went through this earlier. For those who've never heard of Klank (which would be pretty much everyone else on Neowin :p ), they're an underground industrial metal band; similar to Circle of Dust, Argyle Park/AP2, and Chatterbox. And I'm gonna bet that no one on here's heard of any of those bands either. :p But basically, all four of those bands are connected to a guy called Klayton, who's better known for his solo project,

(he's a bit like an underground Trent Reznor, only he doesn't criticise everything in his path).

One of the last albums I listened to was actually Celldweller :p

41DDPQ2EXJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The other being:

devildriverbeastspecial.jpg

The Subways - All Or Nothing

Sorry, it would not let me upload the cover???

Said something to the effect that Neowin.net had a driver issue!