HP TouchPad fire sale 99$ CAD

Holy crap those sold out fast!

Supposedly, there are 70000 allocated to Canada so there MIGHT be more stock coming.

Fingers crossed.

I bought one online yesterday on futureshop.com with in-stock pickup. They had 2 in stock and they accepted 20 orders for that store. Pure genius. I don't have one and it's sold out everywhere now.

Well, just got back from Best Buy and apparently after my friend has spoken to his supervisor they made the decision to send back all the Touchpads to HP. Bottom line, no Touchpads anywhere in my area. :(

There anyway I can get one for so cheap in the UK?

I've ignored tablets so far just cos of cost, but for around that price (even adding on shipping and import taxes) I would grab one.

Well, just got back from Best Buy and apparently after my friend has spoken to his supervisor they made the decision to send back all the Touchpads to HP. Bottom line, no Touchpads anywhere in my area. :(

Where in Florida are you?

It would be nice if in the future you could install android on it.

Something tells me there will be vulnerabilities in this thing for life, so it shouldn't be to hard to hack in the future.

It would be nice if in the future you could install android on it.

Something tells me there will be vulnerabilities in this thing for life, so it shouldn't be to hard to hack in the future.

According to a statement released by HP, they are committed to releasing updates to the devices and have NOT abandoned their app store. I guess we shall see.

Since it's ARM based, there might be a chance that Win8 might run on it.

I just called HP got a sales guy. He says they are out of stock and aren't getting any more in.

I called my local walmart in my town and they have a 32gig model but they haven't got the memo yet from Corp to drop the price. He said if it's already being cut on the website they should get the memo pretty soon and I told him to call me when they do. Then he ask for my number. So we'll see.

This would be the best Marketing Ever. They say "we are getting out of the business. By the way our pads are $90 trying to sell what we have left. Then they sell everything they made and next day they say "Just kidding, we aren't canceling it we just wanted to get a lot of units sold.

I know that's not the case, but it would be funny if it was.

WALMART - IN STORE DETAILS

In store the price will ring up at $599.99

They do not price match their website as their policy clearly says.

HOWEVER, ask the manager to check their new "markdown" list for electronics.

The price shows up on their list for the department managers to mark down. Most managers are not in until Monday morning though. So, ask them if they can process the markdown for the department. They can then adjust the store system to show the corrected price at $149.00 (32Gb version) and it will ring up at $149.00.

** Worked in Fort Gratiot, MI **

(woot! Fort Gratiot! My hometown!)

I just shot up to my local Wal-Mart after reading this and got two for 150$ each!

Worked for me, if anyone else is interested. You may have to be persistent, the assistant manager did not want to give me that price. But I had her check, and re-check, and she finally found the price at 150$.

You can also have them call your nearest Staples, or Best Buy and get the price, and they will match, if they hear the price over the phone as well, we almost had to do that, but she finally got the correct price.

Cheers and Good Luck!

EDIT: Also, I have called about 5 Wal-Marts around to try and get some more for X-mas, but the general consensus is they are pulling them from the shelves for employees and managers to buy >:-(.

So I suggest you go there physically ASAP and not call.

I was watching Staples website and the prices didn't drop. I noticed that their inventory was getting depleted when I checked in-store availability. I decided to call a few minutes ago and asked if they dropped the price and they said they did, but no Staples in the area have the devices. They said people were waiting in line before the store opened and they all sold out. I should have went to the store instead of checking the website. Oh well.

WALMART - IN STORE DETAILS

In store the price will ring up at $599.99

They do not price match their website as their policy clearly says.

HOWEVER, ask the manager to check their new "markdown" list for electronics.

The price shows up on their list for the department managers to mark down. Most managers are not in until Monday morning though. So, ask them if they can process the markdown for the department. They can then adjust the store system to show the corrected price at $149.00 (32Gb version) and it will ring up at $149.00.

** Worked in Fort Gratiot, MI **

(woot! Fort Gratiot! My hometown!)

Tried it at my local walmart they had no info on the mark down yet. Asked them to check the list ... they called the manager who "Hadn't heard anything" whether or not he checked the list just then or not. I gave both the manager and the electronic section my phone number. They only have 1 on stock!

Tried it at my local walmart they had no info on the mark down yet. Asked them to check the list ... they called the manager who "Hadn't heard anything" whether or not he checked the list just then or not. I gave both the manager and the electronic section my phone number. They only have 1 on stock!

That is what the assistant manager tried to tell us. They CAN call any local place around for a price match. The price dropped while I was standing there. Chances are, they probably have dropped by now at your store, and an employee or manager will buy it. As I said, that is what they were trying to do with us.

That is what the assistant manager tried to tell us. They CAN call any local place around for a price match. The price dropped while I was standing there. Chances are, they probably have dropped by now at your store, and an employee or manager will buy it. As I said, that is what they were trying to do with us.

Did the mark down show up when they scanned it on the register or did they have to overide the regular price?