Indestructible SD cards - help me destroy them

Note: I almost forgot, they are Samsung microSD cards rated as "waterproof, shockproof and magnet-proof"

*raises eyebrow*

Wouldn't this apply to all MicroSD cards? No moving parts should ensure they are shock proof. The lack of a magnetic storage medium should ensure they are all magnet-proof. As long as they aren't wet while on I would assume they are all waterproof as well...

*raises eyebrow*

Wouldn't this apply to all MicroSD cards? No moving parts should ensure they are shock proof. The lack of a magnetic storage medium should ensure they are all magnet-proof. As long as they aren't wet while on I would assume they are all waterproof as well...

Yeah you're right. Which is why it'll test it against a normal SD card.

Also, the shockproof image shows someone stepping on it, and the casing appears to be metal from looking at it through the packaging

Copy some pron on to it, freeze it in to an icecube and then add it to a glass of whiskey/port/tipple of choice

Then you can say you are enjoying a glass of classy pron whilst testing the card, but don't swallow it :D

you could also test it in ways that might actually happen irl, drive over it, step on it, leave it overnight outside in the rain.

Throw it from a second/third floor window

Shoot it with a bow/gun/catapult (shoot it from a catapult)

Put headphones around it and put on Justin Bieber :rofl:

You could throw it up and hit it with a baseball bat at a wall or something :)

Of course, do the standard test of running it through the washing machine in a real world situation. Put it in a pocket in a pair of pants and wash them with other clothes, do the whole thing, wash, and dry. Don't use the anti-static dryer sheets, let that build up too.

Put it into a system like OSX which hates to have drives unmounted w/o ejecting first. I think I nuked a SD drive from my camera a couple of weeks ago, but thinking it was ejected, forgetting it wasn't and removing it. It failed to read permanently.

'Cook" it under the hood of your car by taking it on a road trip taped to a hot area.

Give it to a little kid to play with for a while (HIGHLY SUPERVISED), let them draw all over it, paint it, drool over it etc...

Nuke from orbit ftw.

or yeah..im willing to bet the introduction of the 'hammer' element to said "indestructible" Card would do the trick. Failing that,line a baking tray with foil...set grill to max....remove when card is liquid.

They're metallic-cased as far as I can tell so unfortunately microwaving them would be dangerous

Not if they are properly insulated. Stick them in the middle of a meatball.